[1.14.4] Accessing & Storing HashMap

unassigned

Hello,

I have a block that only mines a certain block out of a hashmap, and the value of the map is the drops that drop depending on different variables. I want to add the ability to store this HashMap in either a json or config file, as I'd like the player to be able to modify it. I tried doing it through the config, but I see no spec that actually does this. I currently have a class that I'm calling in the setup that sets the values I'd like to store, but obviously this isn't editable by the player.

Thanks!

Edited by unassigned

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

So you re-invented loot tables...?

Maybe? I'll give more of a descriptor:

I have each ore in the vanilla game have 3 possible drops when mined by the TE:

- a normal drop (the drop that already drops when the player mines it)

- a silktouch drop (the drop you get from silk touching the block)

- a smelt drop (the item you get from smelting said block)

Currently, I have a custom class that stores each of these fields, and a map that stores the block and that storage class. If there is a way to create a loot table to do this, that'd be great, I just haven't messed around with loot tables at all, so I don't completely know the bounds.

That's literally a loot table. Vanilla loot tables handle the first two already, the third is similar to the second.
(Or you can wait for this PR, which would simplify things)

Edited by Draco18s
  • Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

15 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

That's literally a loot table. Vanilla loot tables handle the first two already, the third is similar to the second.
(Or you can wait for this PR, which would simplify things)

Yeah, I'll wait for the PR. Thanks for your help!