[1.15.1] Deobfuscate source code using client.json

Legenes

Hi everyone!

As a lot of you may know by now, Mojang shared their original deobfuscation maps for every new Minecraft version. My problem is, that when I try to write my mod for 1.15.1, with the latest MCPBot mapping (1.14.3), well, of course, I'm getting a lot of obfuscated code. How can I use the deobfuscation map that Mojang provides instead, so I can write my mod with knowing every method, variable, class and parameter?

If I wrote something stupid, please point it out! Thanks for any help!

procedure WakeMeUp(Integer plusTime);
var
  I: Integer;
begin
  for I := 0 to plusTime do begin
    println('One more minute!');
    Sleep(1000);
  end;
  println('Okay, nothing to worry, I''m alive!');
  println('So... somebody can give me a coffee?');
  println('I know it''s Pascal, and not Java, but I love it :D.');
end;

Oh, I thought I can use it because they shared the obfuscation maps saying this:

" In an effort to help make modding the game easier.. " " It is our hope that mod authors and mod framework authors use these files to augment their updating processes that they have today. "

As I read it, it mostly contains that we can't share code, that has been deobfuscated with these maps, but that doesn't mean that we can't use it as a reference, and then just share the modifications themselves. I don't get it. Why did they write a license on the maps (that should help modders), if they cannot be used for making our mods and Forge itself? It doesn't make any sense to me. If I, by myself use it, only as a reference to compile my code, then I release the mod without it, then I can use it, can't I?

var
begin
    Sleep(1000);
  end;
end;

I may have another, and last question, why isn't MCPBot getting updated above 1.14.3, while there are a lot of newer versions of Minecraft? I get that reverse engineering these maps by themselves take a long time, but it was weird for me that they didn't even update for 1.14.4 after a this long time.

var
begin
    Sleep(1000);
  end;
end;

• 2 weeks later...

MCPBot has been updated to 1.15.1.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)