Forge for 1.15 with Eclipse: Package Explorer Empty?

IceMetalPunk

It's been awhile since I've modded, and things have changed a bit since 1.12. I just downloaded the MDK for 1.15 (-29.0.4) and tried to set up a new project for Eclipse. I ran gradlew genEclipseRuns and then gradlew eclipse and it said everything built successfully. But then when I try to select my project as a workspace in Eclipse, the Package Explorer is just empty, with no files. I tried running gradlew clean and then the other two again, and nothing changed. I've tried pointing the workspace to the main project directory as well as the src directory, neither work. (I could swear in Forge for 1.12 there was an eclipse directory generated, but there's none here.) I tried importing it as a Gradle project from within Eclipse, and during the process some error pops up and then disappears too quickly for me to see (nothing shows in any logs); the Package Explorer remains empty. I haven't modified the build file or done anything to the default files except running the commands I mentioned in the order I mentioned them.

Can anyone please help me get a new 1.15 project started with Eclipse? Thanks.

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.

• 1 month later...

Hi what version of java are you using? I'm trying rn to set up a 1.15.2 workspace to also update from 1.12.2, and I fixed the error I was having (When importing the gradle project) by downgrading my java version to 8u241? I think ForgeGradle supports up to java 10?

Looking through my old 1.12.2 workspace, I can't see an "eclipse" folder tho.

Ps Just realised this thread is from December :/. Hope this helps someone a bit? Have you resolved this issue?

How to ask a good coding question: https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask

Give logs, code, desired effects, and actual effects. Be thorough or we can't help you. Don't post code without putting it in a code block (the <> button on the post - select "C-type Language"): syntax highlighting makes everything easier, and it keeps the post tidy.

My own mod, Magiks Most Evile: GitHub (https://github.com/GenElectrovise/MagiksMostEvile) Wiki (https://magiksmostevile.fandom.com/wiki/Magiks_Most_Evile_Wiki)

Edit your own signature at https://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/

On 1/26/2020 at 8:23 AM, GenElectrovise said:

Hi what version of java are you using? I'm trying rn to set up a 1.15.2 workspace to also update from 1.12.2, and I fixed the error I was having (When importing the gradle project) by downgrading my java version to 8u241? I think ForgeGradle supports up to java 10?

Looking through my old 1.12.2 workspace, I can't see an "eclipse" folder tho.

Ps Just realised this thread is from December :/. Hope this helps someone a bit? Have you resolved this issue?

I haven't found a solution. I'm using JDK/JRE 1.8.0u231, so that's definitely not the issue here :(

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.

• 2 months later...

Same issue here, looks like the gradlew eclipse command doesn't generate an "eclipse" folder, so what i did is first create an empty folder with name eclipse (name doesn't matter) use that as a temp workspace then when loaded into eclipse click import -> general -> existing project into workspace -> point to the mod folder in the "select root directory" and click next and it should work.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the project folder as the root folder, not an empty eclipse folder.

Edited by Novârch

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".