[1.12.2] Load OBJ model separate of Item

sci4me

So I have an armor item. I am loading my OBJ model via the ModelManager and using it to render inside my ModelBiped (for armor..). How can I have a separate texture for my item when it's in inventories or help in player hands? (Or dropped in the world)

If I don't call `setCustomModelResourceLocation`, it's impossible to load the OBJ model, even if I use ObjLoader and bake it myself (which is stupid af btw).

I would just render the actual model instead but if I create a `json` file to go along with my `obj` model, the model simply disappears and I can't find ANYTHING that actually fixes it.

(Forgive my frustration; I'm quite rushed... trying to release on Christmas day...)

EDIT: So I've been banging my head against using JSON along with my obj model. I have the following json file alongside my obj and mtl files:

{
  "forge_marker": 1,
  "variants": {
    "normal": [{
      "model": "crypticv:mymodel.obj"
    }]
  }
}

I've been trying just about every possible combination of JSON crap I can fine online but nothing works. This appears to be the closest I've gotten(?); instead of getting the missing model, I simply get nothing, implying that it is correctly location my model... but... something else is wrong and I have no idea what. I am calling registerItemVariants and setCustomMeshDefinition. I don't see anything AT ALL in the console, which is perplexing to me...

FINAL EDIT: Well it looks like I just didn't have the difference between model files and blockstate files straight in my head... I finally got it working! Forgive my spam lol

Edited by sci4me
Solvedddddddd