[1.14.4] Question about capability and GUI

dylandmrl

Hello guys, today I don't have any particular problem but I don't understand why I can get my capability's data from the server directly into my GUI which is obiously a client side stuff. Thanks to this I don't need to use any packet to update my tile entity into the client side but I am not sure if this is a good way of doing things. I saw that nowadays the client and the server are linked because after all client is just a server with only one client so do I need to use packet for this situation?

Yes, that's what I understood. For now, I just have a tile entity that has a capability which contains data. This tileentity is attached to a block that has a gui but no container because it doesn't need to store any item.

I send packet to change the capability from the GUI but for the moment I don't ask the server to give me back information about the capability into the GUI because I can access the capability from the server side directly into my GUI.

Edited by dylandmrl