[1.14.4] Sync ItemStack Capability Data + Multi-Capability Provider casting error

Simon_kungen

Hi

My item has ItemHandler capability, which works fine. But one of the things I have when storing a item on the capability is overring the translation key with the contained stack's translation key.

2019-12-11_20_28.33_1.thumb.png.00c9d648de5b49f998e7ba87fb0e4873.png

The problem is that this will only sync when opening the item again. I need to send a message to the client with the new contained stack which I do not know how to do. I don't know which ItemStack I need to change on the client when the container is closed.

My item needs to have two capabilities attached to it. One is the Forge ItemHandler Capability while the other that is exclusive to the glass variant should be able to store a liquid too.

For this, I made a provider that includes these capabilities:

public class StackFluidContainerProvider implements ICapabilitySerializable
{
    private final FluidContainer fluid;
    private final ItemStackHandler inventory;

private final LazyOptional<IItemHandler> itemHandler = LazyOptional.of(this::getInventory);
    private final LazyOptional<IFluidContainer> fluidHandler = LazyOptional.of(this::getFluid);

public StackFluidContainerProvider(short slots, short maxVolume)
    {
        inventory = new ItemStackHandler(slots);
        fluid     = new FluidContainer(maxVolume);
    }

protected FluidContainer getFluid()
    {
        return fluid;
    }
    protected ItemStackHandler getInventory()
    {
        return inventory;
    }

@SuppressWarnings("ConstantConditions")
    @Override
    public INBT serializeNBT()
    {
        CompoundNBT compoundNBT = new CompoundNBT();

compoundNBT.put("items", CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY.getStorage().writeNBT(CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY,getInventory(),null));
        compoundNBT.put("fluid", FluidContainerStorage.FLUID_CONTAINER_CAPABILITY.getStorage().writeNBT(FluidContainerStorage.FLUID_CONTAINER_CAPABILITY,getFluid(),null));

return compoundNBT;
    }

@Override
    public void deserializeNBT(INBT nbt)
    {
        if (nbt instanceof CompoundNBT) {
            CompoundNBT compoundNBT = (CompoundNBT)nbt;
            CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY.getStorage().readNBT(CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY, getInventory(), null, compoundNBT.get("items"));
            FluidContainerStorage.FLUID_CONTAINER_CAPABILITY.getStorage().readNBT(FluidContainerStorage.FLUID_CONTAINER_CAPABILITY, getFluid(), null, compoundNBT.get("fluid"));
        }
    }

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    public <T> LazyOptional<T> getCapability(@Nonnull Capability<T> cap, Direction side)
    {
        if (cap == CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY)
            return itemHandler.cast();
        else if (cap == FluidContainerStorage.FLUID_CONTAINER_CAPABILITY)
            return fluidHandler.cast();
        return (LazyOptional<T>) LazyOptional.empty();
    }
}

But when I try and fetch the capability the parameter cap seems to always be null, which means it always returns the first statement (in this case the ItemHandler) which results in a casting error.

21 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

ItemStack Capability data that you need on the client needs to be put in the share tag. Override Item#getShareTag and Item#readShareTag.

Alright, added this:

@Nullable
@Override
public CompoundNBT getShareTag(ItemStack stack)
{
    IItemHandler handler = stack.getCapability(CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY).orElseThrow(NullPointerException::new);
    CompoundNBT nbt = new CompoundNBT();
    nbt.putInt("Slot",0);
    handler.getStackInSlot(0).write(nbt);

return nbt;
}

@Override
public void readShareTag(ItemStack stack, @Nullable CompoundNBT nbt)
{
    ItemStack readStack =  ItemStack.read(nbt);
    IItemHandler handler = stack.getCapability(CapabilityItemHandler.ITEM_HANDLER_CAPABILITY).orElseThrow(NullPointerException::new);
    ((IItemHandlerModifiable) handler).setStackInSlot(0,readStack);
}

Not sure if I should go after a certain standard or if the NBT can be made however I want, but the problem is that none of these fire. The debugger does not break when marking both of them to suspend.