[1.14.4] How to get Minecraft Horse model/texture to make a custom unicorn?

DragonITA

ok, i have tried to get the Vanilla Horse model and texture to add blocks to make my custom unicorn entity with a custom texture. Porblem: i have no idea on how to get the Horse model in MINECRAFT VERSION 1.14.4. I need help. I have the texture but not the model.

New in Modding? == Still learning!

23 minutes ago, Lea9ue said:

Its literally HorseModel.

Yes, i know, but how to add the corn of the unicorn? I know approxamly the position and rotation of the head. Should i implement simply the blocks of the corn or add the blocks of the corn as child to the head and something?

8 minutes ago, DragonITA said:

Yes, i know, but how to add the corn of the unicorn? I know approxamly the position and rotation of the head. Should i implement simply the blocks of the corn or add the blocks of the corn as child to the head and something?

You should add box for your entities "corn". Render it in then just copyModelAngles of the head. See vahnilla code for how it copys headwear to head.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DragonITA said:

I have see the vanilla code.

Ok, but i the corn of my unicorn dont has a texture (i dont have tried the code, but i was pretty sure that my corn dont will have a texture.) ok, you will say i should add a texture to my custom texture, but the problem was, i dont know who add the texture of the unicorn. I want use blockbench to add a texture to my custom unicorn and then blockbench will add automaticaly the texture of the corn to the right position. PROBLEM: i need a to import a json or obj model to blckbench, not a java class (Blockbench dont accept java class, i think) how to make this or how to add the texture to the right position?

30 minutes ago, DragonITA said:

Ok, but i the corn of my unicorn dont has a texture (i dont have tried the code, but i was pretty sure that my corn dont will have a texture.) ok, you will say i should add a texture to my custom texture, but the problem was, i dont know who add the texture of the unicorn. I want use blockbench to add a texture to my custom unicorn and then blockbench will add automaticaly the texture of the corn to the right position. PROBLEM: i need a to import a json or obj model to blckbench, not a java class (Blockbench dont accept java class, i think) how to make this or how to add the texture to the right position?

download tabula (1.12). import horse model. save as project.

download tabula plugin for BlockBench.

import horsemodel

edit as you please

export as java class

• Thanks 1

There is literally zero reasons for you to be using Tabula or BlockBench to add a horn to a horse. You already have Horsemodel. You already have a texture file for a horse that you can add texture to make the horn.  I have a feeling that you are just lost.  You should then add a box like I said before to your model class.

this.corn.addBox(.....);

Then right here is the coordinates of the texture on the png.

this.corn = new RendererModel(this, number, number);

The 2 numbers tell exactly where the texture is located on png.

Edited by Lea9ue
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Lea9ue said:

There is literally zero reasons for you to be using Tabula or BlockBench to add a horn to a horse. You already have Horsemodel. You already have a texture file for a horse that you can add texture to make the horn.  I have a feeling that you are just lost.  You should then add a box like I said before to your model class.

this.corn.addBox(.....);

Ehm, but i need to add the texture of the Corn, but thx you very much, i will try it. P.S.: Forgot this what i say.

52 minutes ago, plugsmustard said:

import horsemodel

edit as you please

export as java class

Ok, thx, i will try it (i dont have know that exist a plugin of tabula for blockbench).

56 minutes ago, plugsmustard said:

import horsemodel

edit as you please

export as java class

I dont have find the tabula plugin ??

22 minutes ago, DragonITA said:

Ok, then i should import the mod with this plugin?

13 hours ago, Lea9ue said:

this.corn.addBox(.....);

• Confused 1

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

21 hours ago, Lea9ue said:

this.corn.addBox(.....);

Wich exactly Parameters should i make in the addBox function?

1 hour ago, DragonITA said:

Wich exactly Parameters should i make in the addBox function?

Just read the names of the parameters. The first three are the center position of the box, then size of the box, then the scale. Read some of the vanilla code to see some real usages.

• Like 1

I'm eager to learn and am prone to mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve.

23 hours ago, Lea9ue said:

this.corn.addBox(.....);

Here's one: placing the box and texture blind directly into code and only being able to see what it looks like by loading up the game each time is a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, salvestrom said:

Here's one: placing the box and texture blind directly into code and only being able to see what it looks like by loading up the game each time is a pain in the ass.

Agreed, Tabula and other utilities make it so much easier to position and tweak things on the fly. Trial and erroring semi-abstract numbers is a massive waste of time.

However, there's a useful feature many are unaware of that most IDEs can use to alleviate similar issues: hotswapping. I don't know how to do it on Eclipse, but on IDEA you can simply launch the game in debug mode, change some code, then just hit the build button to hotswap the changed code into the running game. It can't do everything (e.g. adding/removing methods requires a full restart), but changing rendering code inside a method is an ideal use case for this feature.

But with that said, I sadly don't think hotswapping will work for adding/changing model boxes since those are usually defined in the model's constructor. Workarounds are possible (does anyone know if F3 + T also reloads entity models?), but Tabula/Blockbench is still the way to go to get fast results.

• Like 1

I'm eager to learn and am prone to mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve.