[1.14.4] Are shaded mods loaded? (Or: Conditional mod loading?)

imacatlolol

I want to create a mod library that can either be shaded into another mod's jar, or loaded as a normal dependency library. I'd prefer to avoid forcing mod creators to add my library to their list of required dependencies, while still giving them access to most of my library's features. For this to work, I'd need to rely on Forge not loading my library mod if it's shaded into another mod's jar.

There's a handful of workarounds for this, such as forcing mod creators to chose one of the two options, but I'd love it if this idea is possible.

Another way of visualizing my issue is to imagine a library that contains a main() method that allows it to do special things when run separately from the dependent's program (e.g. the H2 database engine, which can run a dedicated database on its own or simply provide a driver for a program). Similar idea to what I'm trying to achieve, but in the context of mods.

I'm eager to learn and am prone to mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve.