[1.14.4] leaves decaying

plugsmustard

7 minutes ago, plugsmustard said:

after extensive searching, i have given up on looking

Must not have tried very hard.

https://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/search/?q=leaf decay&type=forums_topic&nodes=70&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

The top result is this one:

While it isn't marked "solved" there's no reply after my own post, so its probably a thing worth looking into.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

15 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Show your code.

public class TreeLeaves extends LeavesBlock{

public TreeLeaves(Properties properties) {
        super(properties);

}
    public boolean canEntitySpawn(BlockState state, IBlockReader worldIn, BlockPos pos, EntityType<?> type) {
          return type == EntityType.OCELOT || type == EntityType.PARROT;
       }

@Override
    public void beginLeaveDecay(BlockState state, IWorldReader world, BlockPos pos) {

super.beginLeaveDecay(state, world, pos);
    }

}

33 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Must not have tried very hard.

https://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/search/?q=leaf decay&type=forums_topic&nodes=70&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

The top result is this one:

While it isn't marked "solved" there's no reply after my own post, so its probably a thing worth looking into.

Sorry for not marking my post solved but the issue here has to do with block tags:

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tag

Your mod has to have a file tagging your leaves block as leaves and another another tagging your log block as a log. Or something to that affect. I will be updating my post soon.

Edited by Kenneth201998

17 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

But... vanilla is the perfect example...

okay, i have a couple questions. do i name the json file after my block? because i've tried both ways and they're still decaying. i have read the docs and used the vanilla model as an example.

second question: do i need to add an existing minecraft tag like "#minecraft:acacia_logs" to it as well?

5 minutes ago, plugsmustard said:

okay, i have a couple questions. do i name the json file after my block? because i've tried both ways and they're still decaying. i have read the docs and used the vanilla model as an example.

second question: do i need to add an existing minecraft tag like "#minecraft:acacia_logs" to it as well?

Name one file logs, and another to leaves. And when it comes to minecraft tags, no you do not need to add them, just make sure replace is set to false. 

Edited by Kenneth201998

16 minutes ago, plugsmustard said:

datafolders.png

Try this:

Create a new package:

data.minecraft.tags.blocks

Put the tag files in there. I think that is what I did. What this theoretically does is it appends the file to the default minecraft tags. Just try it. 

Also make sure you create a new world while testing it. Testing it in an already created world will still make them decay. 

Edited by Kenneth201998

41 minutes ago, Kenneth201998 said:

Try this:

Create a new package:

data.minecraft.tags.blocks

Put the tag files in there. I think that is what I did. What this theoretically does is it appends the file to the default minecraft tags. Just try it. 

Also make sure you create a new world while testing it. Testing it in an already created world will still make them decay. 

looks like that did it! thanks so much!

Right, because what you just did was add your logs and leaves to the existing tag so that the existing code (that you didn't mess with) can use the existing tag to recognize your blocks.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

Right, because what you just did was add your logs and leaves to the existing tag so that the existing code (that you didn't mess with) can use the existing tag to recognize your blocks.

thanks for the help everyone. we can mark this as solved if you so choose.

p.s. yer not that much of a dick lol

1 hour ago, plugsmustard said:

p.s. yer not that much of a dick lol

You haven't seen some of my posts where I tell people that they're fucking idiots because they keep not-doing the things I (or someone else) has told them to do multiple times.