How to start modding

jsp28

Hi,

My 9 year old son is really keen to start modding and has been following the instructions in various books, but is finding that there are all sorts of bugs and things that are out of date which prevent him from making progress. He tried Tinker, but that did not work either. I wondered if you could recommend a website where we could go to learn how to mod minecraft in Python?

Thanks!

Jennifer

• Like 1

Hi,

I am a java programmer so I think we could manage that. Is there some kind of guide somewhere that is quite reliable that would tell us how to get things set up so we could start? We did start installing forge and eclipse for this but the instructions seemed very complex and a bit unreliable. 

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, jsp28 said:

Hi,

I am a java programmer so I think we could manage that. Is there some kind of guide somewhere that is quite reliable that would tell us how to get things set up so we could start? We did start installing forge and eclipse for this but the instructions seemed very complex and a bit unreliable. 

Thanks!

User Mcjty has a really nice modding tutorial for multiple versions with videos to guide along, here is a link to his webpage:

https://wiki.mcjty.eu/modding/index.php?title=Main_Page

There are also several forums such as this one, that can help on a case basis, discord can also be a powerful tool for asking questions.