(SOLVED)[1.14.4] Crash upon adding assets folder

Esmerald1no

First, I am aware of the DS_Store issue that happens on macOS, but I am on a Windows machine, so it should not be the problem.

Now onto the crash, I implemented a custom block and it was working properly, it was lacking textures so I wanted to add them. I created an assets folder on the resources folder as follows:

PathModels.jpg.8d6bec932b6fc18484cf35e00f290722.jpg

The block state class for the block is:

BlockState.jpg.59fd5b46cb6d11e64686dc1fa13c364a.jpg

The model for the block is:

Models_Block.jpg.d5089521ba4a15035b601cb1e498bc13.jpg

All faces of the block will be the same, this is just me learning how to do textures, I am aware that you can specify a model for each side.

And this is the model of the items:

Models_Item.jpg.f32ffcc131383a39cb7a3074930cacaa.jpg

The textures are found under the textures folder.

I would like to point out that these have been all of the modifications that were made to the mod after the functional implementation of the block/item.

Ever since these modifications whenever I run the client forge crashes due a "Rendering Overlay" with an invalid character on the namespace of the sounds.json file.

crash-2019-11-24_00.30.52-client.txt

The problem is that this file does not exist in my assets folder(or anywhere in my mod path at all), including the hidden folders.

I am not sure what is causing it if I remove the assets folder it still does not work(I have reverted from a previous version from Github)

Learn to read yer gawd damned errors.

net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocationException: Non [a-z0-9_.-] character in namespace of location: TechnomagicalAdvancements:sounds.json

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

11 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Learn to read yer gawd damned errors.

Mr/Mrs. Draco,

I am well aware of the reason for the crash, I have read the crash report thoroughly, If you had read my post carefully, you would have realized that such file does not exist, so it is impossible for it to not have incorrect characters on its namespace.

But I do appreciate the suggestion, I hope that in the future you will also be more attentive to other texts.

Esmerald1no

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

11 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

If you had looked at your own screenshots carefully, you would have realized that it does.

image.png.799698e581d57eb3453952b6b0ef21cd.png

Thank you for pointing that out to me diesieben07, but as I have pointed out to Draco18s the file is not present.

You are free to assume that I have a vision impairment and just am overlooking the file that is staring at me, but I ask you at least to believe in Powershell's capability of searching through directories.

I have used the Get-Childitem command to search through both of my drives for any file with the sounds word on its filename:

1657336877_searchofpoweshell.jpg.ab5b483304409736f6e5a5694c609ff6.jpg

and here are the output files for each unit:

search_for_sounds_on_D.txt Mind you that the mod is on this Unit so the file should be here

search_for_sounds_on_C.txt

But if you do not care to go through them I can assure you that the file mentioned on the crash is nonexistent on the mod directory.

Please, I do not mean any bad connotation in this post, implying that I am trying to confront you or think that you are incapable of understanding my situation, but I do ask that the same respect I have for your programming capabilities to be put on mine.

I am aware that I am new to the Minecraft programming scene and I have much to learn, as it is very intricate and has its quirks and all help is much welcome, but I think that I am capable of searching for a file.

Esmerald1no

Edited by Esmerald1no
forgot signature

i.e. "read your damned errors." The error tells you what's wrong. There are invalid characters in your paths. The file its looking for might not exist, but there are still invalid characters in the path to that file.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• Esmerald1no changed the title to (SOLVED)[1.14.4] Crash upon adding assets folder