[1.14.4] Is graphical mod customization supported?

bsrgin

Is there a method to add the ability to edit mod settings using the graphical interface?

I know only one way to store and change settings using .toml file.

Maybe there is another way?
The best way would be to use the standard "Config" button on the mod page.

Thanks!

Снимок.PNG

I’m currently working on reimplementing the config GUI from 1.12.2 in Forge for all mods. However, you can currently make your own config GUI from scratch by registering your own config GUI extension point on your mod loading context (on the client distribution only!)

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Take a look at this (already merged) PR:
https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/6208

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

4 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Take a look at this (already merged) PR:
https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/6208

Thank you for your answer...

Well. Let's check. Did you just say about this build?

Build: 1.14.4-28.1.56 - Tue Oct 15 22:01:50 GMT 2019
...jojohostert: Allow mods actually to have their own usable config gui (#6208)...

And to use it I have to do something like this and this?

So you suggest using my own gui (but not configuration on the base of .toml file)?

Is it?

27 minutes ago, bsrgin said:

but not configuration on the base of .toml file

You should notice that the hasConfigUI() there is based on mi.getModConfig() returning true and mi is a ModInfo instance, which is populated from toml content.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

18 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

...mi is a ModInfo instance, which is populated from toml content.

I thought that there is a way to automatically display ForgeConfigSpec.

I see no way to get ModConfig after ModLoadingContext.get().registerConfig.

I'll try to make my own arrangement of buttons and settings.

Edited by bsrgin

Here is how I make my own config in my mod.

And this is my progress on the standard config GUI (GitHub link for the source if you want to steal it)2019-11-29_13_46_44.thumb.png.c142818356a08103b814abf4ec8711ee.png

Edited by Cadiboo
  • Thanks 2

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)