Changing one world's blocks/items/etc. to use the ID registries from another world?

HatTrickPatrick

I have a world save a friend sent me that I'm trying to edit into my server as a new dimension. I used JustEnoughDimensions to create the new dimension so I have the "DIM-" folder to copy it into, that part's all good.

However I found out from him that he was using mods on his client when he made the world. I'm fine with that, all the mods he was using I've installed as well. But I got to thinking and realized that his world's level.dat file would probably have a very different set of ID associations in its registry than mine does. Lo and behold, I opened up both level.dat files side-by-side in NBTExplorer on my PC and the associations are different.

Is there a way to replace the associations in his world save to match the ones my server is using? I'm assuming that such changes would have to be made to the blocks, items, etc. in his world save so that my server recognizes them properly.

Capture.PNG

As far as I know there is not a mod-compatible way of doing this.

But what you would have to do is load every region/chunk and convert it.

It's not a simple process, and as I said, i dont know of any tool out there that does it correctly.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon