[1.12.2] Event RightClickBlock, detect if a block was placed

uiytt

So I'm doing a server-side mod,

and I want that when a player right click on block without placing any block , my code does something

but when the player right click and place any block, it does something else.

So I guess I have to use the event  : PlayerInteractEvent

But I don't really know how to check if a block  is placed (a block in a player's hand doesn't mean it's placed)

Does someone have an idea of how I can achieve what I want ?

Thanks ^^

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You can use EntityPlaceEvent to detect a block being placed.

Thanks and how can I detect a right click on any block without a block being placed ? (like opening a chest, or an entity blocking the place where the block is supposed to be placed )

51 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Correct. There is no way to know before the block is placed if a block is going to be placed. You have to use BlockEvent.PlaceEvent.

So there is no way when right clicking to know if it's placing a block or not ? :'c ?

So with even it's impossible to send "a" in the chat when a player place a block, and "b" in the chat when a player open a container ?

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

PlayerEvent.RightClickBlock. 

I am not sure how often I have to say this for you to start reading it.

PlayerEvent.RightClickBlock.  won't work because it's also triggered when a block is placed :/

If I use both PlayerEvent.RightClickBlock  and BlockEvent.PlaceEvent, PlayerEvent.RightClickBlock  is also called when BlockEvent.PlaceEvent is triggered and my goal is to find a way around this...

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

There.

Is.
None.

Well I hope that someone have already encounter the same problem and with a bit chance he founds a solution (and you're not aware),

So I will let this open in a hope that someone has a solution that work because using a combination  of the two event won't work for what I want to do :/

And is there any events that is triggered when a item is picked up from an inventory (chest, furnace ?)

10 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Why not? I do not see anything you've said that cannot be done.

When using a combination of the two event, one of them (PlayerEvent.RightClickBlock) will also be called at the same time as BlockEvent.PlaceEvent,

I want to do an action only if a player rightclick on another block without placing a block, and you said there is no way to do what I want :(