Picking entity / blocks

GengisKhan

What do you define as a  "picker"? The only thing I can think of is that you want something like the 'Pick Block' control.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

In any RTS game, you can select 3D object with the mouse, that's what i call picking.

Another example is engine like Blender or Maya, where you can select units with "picking " in the editor.

I would like to have a invisible GUI in game, to be able to control the mouse (easy part). Then, when the player click on an unit or a block, I would like to know which unit or block he has clicked on.

2 hours ago, GengisKhan said:

when the player click on an unit or a block, I would like to know which unit or block he has clicked on.

You can use RayTraceResult to store the result of ray-casting on a World object.

(That's how it works in 1.12, at least. Not sure if it's different in 1.14, or if you're even using 1.14)

Edit: Whoops, my bad, it's easier to use Entity#rayTrace() in your situation.

Edited by SerpentDagger

Fancy 3D Graphing Calculator mod, with many different coordinate systems.

Lightweight 3D/2D position/vector transformations library, also with support for different coordinate systems.