Hello,

I have the following code as shown:

//potion effects?
if (player != null && event.phase == TickEvent.ClientTickEvent.Phase.START) {
    Collection<EffectInstance> effects = player.getActivePotionEffects();
    if (!effects.isEmpty()) {

for (EffectInstance e : effects) {

player.removePotionEffect(e.getPotion());

player.addPotionEffect(new EffectInstance(e.getPotion(), e.getDuration(), e.getAmplifier(), true, false));
        }

}

Now this throws a ConcurrentModificationException at the line of the for-loop, and I'm not sure why. Supposedly you cannot modify a list while using a for-loop, but I am not modifying the effects Collection as its already been assigned.

[14:03:03] [Client thread/ERROR] [ne.mi.ev.EventBus/EVENTBUS]: Exception caught during firing event: null
    Index: 1
    Listeners:
        0: NORMAL
        1: ASM: class flytre.cineroid.ForgeEvents tick(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/TickEvent$ClientTickEvent;)V
        2: ASM: net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeInternalHandler@1beb3b74 checkSettings(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/TickEvent$ClientTickEvent;)V
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.base/java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1498)
    at java.base/java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:1526)
    at flytre.cineroid.ForgeEvents.tick(ForgeEvents.java:66)
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler_1_ForgeEvents_tick_ClientTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:80)
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:258)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.hooks.BasicEventHooks.onPreClientTick(BasicEventHooks.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1330)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:904)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:384)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:128)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
    at net.minecraftforge.userdev.FMLUserdevClientLaunchProvider.lambda$launchService$0(FMLUserdevClientLaunchProvider.java:55)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:54)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:72)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:81)
    at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:65)
    at net.minecraftforge.userdev.LaunchTesting.main(LaunchTesting.java:101)

I'm wondering how to fix this code! (My end goal is to remove potion particles from the player on the client-side, which I attempt to do by removing the effect and re-adding the effect without particles.)

Edited by Flytre
Error Detail

8 minutes ago, Flytre said:

Looks like I'm going about it completely wrong. Can anyone point me in the direction of the right way to do this?

Use an Iterator and a while loop. Also you should check if the PotionEffect has the particles so you are not changing them every tick.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.