[1.14.3] Change Entity Model Based on Variable

pH7

Hi,

I want to change between two models for an entity I have, depending on whether or not it is being ridden. I was thinking of something like an if(isBeingRidden) statement inside the entity's Model class to change the model, but this is an EntityType, not an EntityModel, method.

I tried to see how Minecraft does it (let's say for a Zombie attacking) but as of now, I can't access any vanilla Entity or Render class. I did notice the use of DataParameters in Entity classes; and thus used one to store and update whether or not my entity is being ridden. I'm not sure how, and where to use it, though.

Thanks,

Kres

'Everyone is a genius,

But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb trees, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.'

-Albert Einstein

----------------------------------------------------------

If Arthas's horse is named "Invincible", then why can I clearly see him?

I've sorted myself out so I'm answering this in order for this thread to be closed.

All I had to do was to create a boolean isMounted in my entity's model class, and call the doRender() method in my entity's renderer class; where inside I would have checked if the entity isBeingRidden() and change the isMounted boolean accordingly within doRender().

Example:

public void doRender(ScorpionEntity entity, double x, double y, double z, float entityYaw, float partialTicks) {
		boolean state = entity.isBeingRidden();
		ScorpionModel<ScorpionEntity> scorpion = this.getEntityModel();
		scorpion.isMounted = state;

super.doRender(entity, x, y, z, entityYaw, partialTicks);
	}

Works like a charm

'Everyone is a genius,

But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb trees, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.'

-Albert Einstein

----------------------------------------------------------

If Arthas's horse is named "Invincible", then why can I clearly see him?