• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• @LexManos I think I've made a lot more concise!!!!   package jetcobblestone.firstmod; import jetcobblestone.firstmod.lists.itemList; import net.minecraft.item.Foods; import net.minecraft.item.Item; import net.minecraft.item.ItemGroup; import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation; import net.minecraftforge.event.RegistryEvent; import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod; @Mod.EventBusSubscriber(bus=Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD) public class ItemsLoader { @SubscribeEvent public static void registerItems(final RegistryEvent.Register<Item> event) { event.getRegistry().registerAll ( itemList.hair_fibre = new Item(new Item.Properties().food(Foods.COOKIE).group(ItemGroup.FOOD).maxStackSize(1)).setRegistryName(location("hair_fibre")) ); } private static ResourceLocation location(String name) { return new ResourceLocation(FirstMod.modid, name); } }   I didn't realise you could have the @Mod.EventBus... outside of a class, but I understand now that it's meant to go outside a class, thanks to your reply   Also I think you have a few haters     Don't know why though... you've been really helpful   Also, do you have any suggested improvements? Like for efficiency or smmin. For example I don't know if there is a better way to do that helper method at the end, or if it's even advised. I'm really happy I got this to work without copying code straight from a tutorial! I'm now really excited for this, as it will be really easy to navigate in the future. Again, is it advised to separate everything into different classes for efficiency? It certainly makes code easier to navigate.  
    • I have good python knowledge and watched about 20 episodes of a good java tutorial, however I don't know I watched enough to get onto important things like class structure etc. I was hoping that it would mainly be different syntax, and a lot of it is. However, what I have found is that java is quite different. It's been very frustrating, but I feel like I'm learning a lot about java but also how minecraft and mc mods work by trying to make a modpack - something I've always wanted to do. I agree that there are quite a lot of confusions, but I'm knocking them out one by one and the response I've had on these forums has been really encouraging and helpful.
    • Here you go. Thanks for having a look. debug(1).log
    • You installed a client-only mod (Controllable) on the server. Mods have the ability to indicate their client-only-ness to Forge and it will not load the mod on a server. This mod has not done so, please report this bug to the mod author.
    • Why would you replace them?! This is a simple method override and you are calling super. There is no need to replace anything. Again: Please learn Java basics before making a mod.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)