How to make 2 or more enchants compatible with each other (1.12)

NoobMaster4000

You will have to special-case the player. Players are not entities registered with the entity registry. They're special and so you're going to have to treat them as special.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

entity instanceof PlayerEntity?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

5 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

entity instanceof PlayerEntity?

No, I mean how I put it in my entity check? What I need is exclude the player from the blacklist, he should be always whitelisted so that means:

Blacklist: cow

I hit the cow, no effects. hit the player, effects

Blacklist: {}

I hit the cow, effects. hit the player, effects

The blacklist should always exclude the player making him always affected, even if blacklisted somehow

[19:13:28] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.event.world.BlockEvent$BreakEvent@53c6a690:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get property PropertyEnum{name=variant, clazz=class net.minecraft.block.BlockStone$EnumType, values=[stone, granite, smooth_granite, diorite, smooth_diorite, andesite, smooth_andesite]} as it does not exist in BlockStateContainer{block=minecraft:iron_ore, properties=[]}
	at net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.getValue(BlockStateContainer.java:204) ~[BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.block.BlockStone.getItemDropped(BlockStone.java:52) ~[BlockStone.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.getDrops(Block.java:1563) ~[Block.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.getDrops(Block.java:1543) ~[Block.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.dropBlockAsItemWithChance(Block.java:720) ~[Block.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.dropBlockAsItem(Block.java:710) ~[Block.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.harvestBlock(Block.java:929) ~[Block.class:?]
	at com.mod.modcore.events.enchantment.ExcavateEvent.onExcavateUse(ExcavateEvent.java:48) ~[ExcavateEvent.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_20_ExcavateEvent_onExcavateUse_BreakEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:182) [EventBus.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onBlockBreakEvent(ForgeHooks.java:838) [ForgeHooks.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.tryHarvestBlock(PlayerInteractionManager.java:309) [PlayerInteractionManager.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.blockRemoving(PlayerInteractionManager.java:261) [PlayerInteractionManager.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.processPlayerDigging(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:732) [NetHandlerPlayServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerDigging.processPacket(CPacketPlayerDigging.java:56) [CPacketPlayerDigging.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerDigging.processPacket(CPacketPlayerDigging.java:12) [CPacketPlayerDigging.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:21) [PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_221]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_221]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:53) [Util.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:798) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:743) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:192) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:592) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_221]
if (!PlayerHelper.isBlacklisted(blacklist, PlayerHelper.getEntityName(block2))) {
block2.harvestBlock(world, player, offset2, state, null, ItemStack.EMPTY);
block2.removedByPlayer(state, world, offset2, player, true);
hand.damageItem(1, player);
}

The error is at 

block2.harvestBlock

Also, telepathy add the item in my inventory and autosmelt on the ground

Telepathy:

boolean isfull = player.inventory.getFirstEmptyStack() == -1;
if (!isfull) {
player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(event.getDrops().get(i));
}

AutoSmelt:

if (!world.isRemote) {
			ItemStack smelt = FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingResult(
					new ItemStack(block, 1 + random.nextInt(fortuneLevel + 1), block.getMetaFromState(state)));
			for (int i = 0; i < event.getDrops().size(); i++) {
				if (smelt.getItem() instanceof ItemAir)
					return;
				event.getDrops().clear();
				event.getDrops().add(smelt.copy());
			}
		}

54 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Stop posting tiny code snippets. Post your entire classes. And properly format them.

What is this shit:

image.png.f4080fbfbe0f8990e0462ac43a6593d4.png

Telepathy:

boolean isfull = player.inventory.getFirstEmptyStack() == -1;
		if (!world.isRemote) {
			if (telepathylevel > 0) {
				if (PlayerHelper.isBlacklisted(blacklist, PlayerHelper.getEntityName(block)))
					return;
					if (!isfull) {
						player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(event.getDrops().get(i));
					} else {
						Random random = new Random();
						float f = random.nextFloat() * 0.6F + 0.1F;
						float f1 = random.nextFloat() * 0.6F + 0.1F;
						float f2 = random.nextFloat() * 0.6F + 0.1F;
						float f3 = 0.025F;
						EntityItem eitem = new EntityItem(world, pos.getX() + f, pos.getY() + f1, pos.getZ() + f2,
								event.getDrops().get(i).copy());
						eitem.motionX = (random.nextGaussian() * f3);
						eitem.motionY = (random.nextGaussian() * f3 + 0.20000000298023224D);
						eitem.motionZ = (random.nextGaussian() * f3);
						world.spawnEntity(eitem);
						event.setDropChance(0.0F);
					}
				}
			}
		}

Autosmelt:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onAutosmeltUse(HarvestDropsEvent event) {
		EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.getHarvester();
		if (event.getHarvester() == null)
			return;
		ItemStack hand = player.inventory.getCurrentItem();
		Map<Enchantment, Integer> autosmelt = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantments(hand);
		if (autosmelt.isEmpty() || !autosmelt.containsKey(InitEnchants.AUTOSMELT))
			return;
		Block block = event.getState().getBlock();
		IBlockState state = event.getState();
		World world = event.getWorld();
		int fortuneLevel = event.getFortuneLevel();
		String[] blacklist = ConfigHandler.enchants.autosmelt.blacklistblocks;
		if (PlayerHelper.isBlacklisted(blacklist, PlayerHelper.getEntityName(block))) {
			return;
		}
		if (!world.isRemote) {
			ItemStack smelt = FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingResult(
					new ItemStack(block, 1 + random.nextInt(fortuneLevel + 1), block.getMetaFromState(state)));
					return;
			}
		}
	}

The error log is for this:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onExcavateUse(BlockEvent.BreakEvent event) {
		EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.getPlayer();
		ItemStack hand = player.getItemStackFromSlot(EntityEquipmentSlot.MAINHAND);
		Map<Enchantment, Integer> excavate = EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantments(hand);
		if (excavate.isEmpty() || !excavate.containsKey(InitEnchants.EXCAVATE))
			return;
		int excavatelevel = excavate.get(InitEnchants.EXCAVATE);
		BlockPos pos = event.getPos();
		String[] blacklist = ConfigHandler.enchants.excavate.blacklistblocks;
		boolean breakonlysimilarblocks = ConfigHandler.enchants.excavate.breakonlysimilarblocks;
		if (!world.isRemote) {
			if (excavatelevel > 0) {
				for (int i = 0; i < (excavatelevel + 1); i++) {
					Iterable<BlockPos> it = BlockPos.getAllInBox(pos.add(-i, -i, -i), pos.add(i, i, i));
					for (BlockPos offset2 : it) {
						Block block2 = world.getBlockState(offset2).getBlock();
						if (!PlayerHelper.isBlacklisted(blacklist, PlayerHelper.getEntityName(block2))) {
						} else if (breakonlysimilarblocks) {
							if (block2 == block
									&& !PlayerHelper.isBlacklisted(blacklist, PlayerHelper.getEntityName(block2))) {
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

With error at line: 

50 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Still not full classes. But here we go:

This logic is flawed. Just because the inventory has no empty slots does not mean there is no room. Use the IItemHandler API or just ItemHandlerHelper.giveItemToPlayer.

What? Why?

Use EnchantmentHelper.getEnchantmentLevel.

You cannot do this. Block metadata is not itemstack metadata. To obtain an ItemStack from a block you must call Block#getPickBlock. Your code will produce invalid and nonsensical ItemStacks (or even just straight up crash, not all blocks have an item).

In your case you want the silk-touch drop though, not the exact ItemStack. There is no straightforward way to obtain the silk touch drop, although you can try to call Block#getSilkTouchDrop (might be invalid, mods might just override Block#harvestBlock and disregard getSilkTouchDrop, but thats unlikely).

You are telling "block2" that it was harvested with the block state of "block" (event.getState).

Maybe I misunderstood or I explained bad, the autosmelt and telepathy enchants works both at the same time, if I harvest a block with a pickaxe with both of them, iron ore block and iron ingot from autosmelt enchant.

package com.mod.modcore.events.enchantment;

import java.util.Map;
import java.util.Random;

import com.mod.modcore.config.ConfigHandler;
import com.mod.modcore.init.InitEnchants;
import com.mod.modcore.lib.PlayerHelper;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.enchantment.Enchantment;
import net.minecraft.enchantment.EnchantmentHelper;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemAir;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.FurnaceRecipes;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.event.world.BlockEvent.HarvestDropsEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventBusSubscriber;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.SubscribeEvent;

@EventBusSubscriber
public class AutosmeltEvent {

static Random random = new Random();

@SubscribeEvent
			return;
			return;
		@SuppressWarnings("unused")
			return;
		}
		if (!world.isRemote) {
			ItemStack smelt = FurnaceRecipes.instance()
					.getSmeltingResult(block.getPickBlock(state, null, world, event.getPos(), player));
					return;
			}
		}
	}
}

I have this now, and works but I don't know how to add the fortunelevel to allow drop more items.

Edited by NoobMaster4000

You aren't using the contents of the event's drops, you're constructing a new block item based on what was broken. So telepathy comes along, gobbles up the iron ore first, then autosmelt comes along, doesn't look at the drops list, and constructs a new drop (nukes whatever's still in the list) and adds the iron ingot.

If you had one event handler in one location and actually used the drops from the event you could control this. But you're running ramshackle all over standard practice and doing whatever you feel like doing and producing barely functional code and then going "huh, I wonder why these two won't play nice together." They don't play nice together because you shat all over the system that makes them play nice together.

2 hours ago, Draco18s said:

You aren't using the contents of the event's drops, you're constructing a new block item based on what was broken. So telepathy comes along, gobbles up the iron ore first, then autosmelt comes along, doesn't look at the drops list, and constructs a new drop (nukes whatever's still in the list) and adds the iron ingot.

If you had one event handler in one location and actually used the drops from the event you could control this. But you're running ramshackle all over standard practice and doing whatever you feel like doing and producing barely functional code and then going "huh, I wonder why these two won't play nice together." They don't play nice together because you shat all over the system that makes them play nice together.

Okay, instead of nuke the drop list I did this:

if (!world.isRemote) {
				if (!event.getDrops().isEmpty() && event.getDrops().get(i).getItem() instanceof ItemBlock) {
					ItemStack drop = event.getDrops().get(i);
					Block b = Block.getBlockFromItem(drop.getItem());
							.getSmeltingResult(b.getPickBlock(state, null, world, event.getPos(), player));
					smelt.setCount(1 + random.nextInt(fortuneLevel +1));
						return;
					if (event.getDrops().contains(drop)) {
						event.getDrops().remove(drop);
					}
				}
			}
		}
Spoiler

@EventBusSubscriber
public class AutosmeltEvent {

static Random random = new Random();

@SubscribeEvent
			return;
			return;
		@SuppressWarnings("unused")
			return;
		}
		if (!world.isRemote) {
				if (!event.getDrops().isEmpty() && event.getDrops().get(i).getItem() instanceof ItemBlock) {
							.getSmeltingResult(b.getPickBlock(state, null, world, event.getPos(), player));
						return;
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Reverted the problem, now telepathy come over autosmelt.

Probably my modification is wrong and using 

ItemHandlerHelper.giveItemToPlayer(player, event.getDrops().get(i));

Now drop both

Edited by NoobMaster4000

20 minutes ago, NoobMaster4000 said:

return;

You want continue here. You don't want to abort if one item can't be smelted.

22 minutes ago, NoobMaster4000 said:

}

??? How would drops not contain drop? You pulled it out of the array in the first place.

And oh yeah, you can't modify an array while looping over it with a for-loop. The game should crash with a ConcurrentModificationException.

25 minutes ago, NoobMaster4000 said:

.getSmeltingResult(b.getPickBlock(state...

Seriously? What the fuck. You already had the item stack version of the block. It's drop. You're not trying to smelt the block that got mined, so stop trying to convert to it: you're trying to smelt the dropped item regardless of what that item is. Imagine an ore block that doesn't drop a blockitem, but which drops a chunk of raw ore.

28 minutes ago, NoobMaster4000 said:

Great, now you fucked up the furnace recipes.

And you're fucking with fortune in a place you shouldn't be fucking with fortune (again). Fortune already triggered. You should use the size of the smelt stack times the size of the drop stack and assign it to the cloned stack.

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

You want continue here. You don't want to abort if one item can't be smelted.

??? How would drops not contain drop? You pulled it out of the array in the first place.

And oh yeah, you can't modify an array while looping over it with a for-loop. The game should crash with a ConcurrentModificationException.

Seriously? What the fuck. You already had the item stack version of the block. It's drop. You're not trying to smelt the block that got mined, so stop trying to convert to it: you're trying to smelt the dropped item regardless of what that item is. Imagine an ore block that doesn't drop a blockitem, but which drops a chunk of raw ore.

Great, now you fucked up the furnace recipes.

And you're fucking with fortune in a place you shouldn't be fucking with fortune (again). Fortune already triggered. You should use the size of the smelt stack times the size of the drop stack and assign it to the cloned stack.

Testing but I think I've solved. I want that fortune works with autosmelt when mining an iron ore, like it does with the redstone because now it gives me only 1 item

Edited by NoobMaster4000

11 hours ago, NoobMaster4000 said:

I want that fortune works with autosmelt when mining an iron ore, like it does with the redstone because now it gives me only 1 item

Ok, great, but you're not doing it correctly.

You aren't performing the increase based on whether or not it was an ore block (of any variety) that was broken. You're doing it all the time as long as there's a smelting result. And you're corrupting the furnace recipes at the same time.

Try mining regular stone, see what happens.