[1.12.2] Create Crafting Recipes without using JSON files?

ratquaza

Working on a current server plugin and I was wondering if its possible to create Crafting recipes through Java code alone within my plugin rather than storing the recipes in `assets/modid/recipes` ? I'd want to parse my own .json files within the plugins config folder and generate and register crafting recipes like so.

3 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

JSON files are how you register recipes. If you need custom recipe types you can register your own recipe factory, see CraftingHelper.

So there's no way I can register a new ShapedCraftingRecipe from my plugin's code without .json files?

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

No. Why?

Well with my plugin I wish to enable users to create recipes with my own .json format that supports NBT and register that through my code. It's hard to do so when the recipes for a forge mod/plugin are stored within the assets of said mod/plugin, meaning players would have to store the json files within the actual jar itself. I want the mod/plugin to have command support too to register the items.