(1.14.4) Generating Structures

A-Game

So I have already created the custom classes needed to specify how a the structure is randomly generated ("InfernalFortressStructure.java" & "InfernalFortressPieces.java"). It is in simple terms, the Fortress structure, but using different blocks...

I have also registered the structure ("VisionaryStructures.java) as well as its pieces in an interface ("IVisionaryStructurePieceType.java")

Questions:

1) Since the Nether Fortress does not use nbt data in it's creation (as seen in the Referenced Libraries -> client-extra.jar), do I still have to in order for my variant of it to generate properly?

2) Are my methods of registering the InfernalFortress structure and it's pieces acceptable?

3) What else is required to get a custom structure to generate in the world?

InfernalFortressPieces.java

InfernalFortressStructure.java

IVisionaryStructurePieceType.java

VisionaryStructures.java

I would have attached these as code if it wasn't for the fact it didn't lag me out of my explorer... l blame my Mac :P

Edited by A-Game

Very new to modding, so I'm not sure about the first two questions.

For the last one though, what I did was using Biome#addStructure to add my structure to the structures of a given Biome,

then Biome#createDecoratedFeature to specify how your feature should be generated,

and finally use the returned value in Biome#addFeature.

I'm not sure it is necessary to use both addFeature and addStructure, seems a little weird. Anyway, hope that'll help you