Setting a Block to be Replaceable

Zetal

As you probably know, there are blocks in Minecraft such as fire, brush, and vines that can all be replaced simply by right-clicking with another block. I'm trying to create a block that replicates this, but I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong.

My block is invisible and is basically meant to just 'not exist' as far as the player is concerned. It's a method of temporarily saving one type of blocks location when destroyed and maintaining a timer using Tile Entities. So, this block is a BlockContainer (since it has a tileentity) but besides that shares all of what I thought was relevant with BlockFire.

ie...

isOpaqueCube

isCollidable

renderAsNormalBlock

getCollisionBoundingBoxFromPool

Basically, I right click with a block and lose a block, but nothing happens. I right click again, and the block is placed, and I regain the block that I tried to place the first time. :/

Any ideas? Thanks!

I suppose I should note that this was working fine pre-1.5, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Have a modding question? PM me and hopefully I'll be able to help. Good at 2d Pixel Art? We need your help!  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1806355-looking-for-2d-pixel-artist/

As you probably know, there are blocks in Minecraft such as fire, brush, and vines that can all be replaced simply by right-clicking with another block. I'm trying to create a block that replicates this, but I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong.

My block is invisible and is basically meant to just 'not exist' as far as the player is concerned. It's a method of temporarily saving one type of blocks location when destroyed and maintaining a timer using Tile Entities. So, this block is a BlockContainer (since it has a tileentity) but besides that shares all of what I thought was relevant with BlockFire.

ie...

isOpaqueCube

isCollidable

renderAsNormalBlock

getCollisionBoundingBoxFromPool

Basically, I right click with a block and lose a block, but nothing happens. I right click again, and the block is placed, and I regain the block that I tried to place the first time. :/

Any ideas? Thanks!

I suppose I should note that this was working fine pre-1.5, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Have a modding question? PM me and hopefully I'll be able to help. Good at 2d Pixel Art? We need your help!  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1806355-looking-for-2d-pixel-artist/