RL Craft LAG spikes

VampireGod25

So my issue is that all of a sudden i started getting massive lag spikes. I've had RL Craft for about a week now and have put in maybe 25 hours so far and it has always run just fine with no lag whatsoever until today. i know its not my computer because it never did this before and my computer is pretty good. I don't know my actual specs but I've never had any problems running a game before. i can even run skyrim at full graphics with several mods and have no issues or lag at all and I've heard stories about how tough that game is to run so i dont know what is happening. i only have one world made and I've turned all the settings down as low as can be to make the game run as fast as possible but no luck. I'm posting because the lag started this morning and has progressively gotten worse. i gave the game a few hours to cool down thinking maybe it was just the long playing times but no luck. the lag is now so bad and happening so constantly that the game is now rendered completely unplayable. the lag happens only when I'm in a world and making a new one doesn't fix it. it happens even when i sit still and touch nothing or even in the menu when i pause. any ideas what i can do?

To determine a cause for your sudden lag spikes, you have to aquire more information.  
You should enable the log window for your RL Craft Installation, you can do so by toggling the "Open output log when the game starts" option in the Launcher.  
GbqvRsZ.png

This will give you an error console. See if anything shows up when there is lag.  

However, there might be other reasons for lag:

• Your Computer might be overheating, make sure to clean out dust every now and then. 
  • Your game might have too little RAM to work with, you can increase ram in the Vanilla launcher, there are several tutorials online on how to do so.
  • Minecraft being Minecraft. Minecraft will always lag for absolutely unknown reasons, even on the best Computer.

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

Allocating too much RAM will also cause lag spikes. Most modpacks require around 6GB Ram.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

10 hours ago, Busti said:

Yeah, things will lag out if you do not leave enough RAM for your OS to work with.

This is actually not caused by not enough memory for the OS.

Java's garbage collector tend to clear the memory when the allocated RAM is full. If the allocated RAM is little (i.e. 2GB), the clearing would be fast as it only need to clear 2GB, and the delay would be negligible to the user. However, if the allocated RAM is large (i.e. >10GB), then each clearing would take up significant longer time, thus lagging the game.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.