[1.12.2] ItemBlock

Kayrox

Any info on that, I tried to create one and it only shows the missing texture square, and when held is a massive missing texture block. Only when the block is placed the actual texture is shown. All I have done is instantiating a Block with it's own name and id. And the same with ItemBlock. Got the BlockState and Model using vanilla stuff as parent.

Edited by Kayrox

4 minutes ago, Kayrox said:

and when held is a massive missing texture block.

Did you use the ModelRegistryEvent and ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation to give the ItemBlock a model?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

2 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Did you use the ModelRegistryEvent and ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation to give the ItemBlock a model?

No, the documentation doesn't say anything about that and I don't have any idea of what are you talking about.

21 minutes ago, Kayrox said:

No, the documentation doesn't say anything about that

Yes it does. All ItemBlocks are Items therefore you must treat them as Items. Read here.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

Yes it does. All ItemBlocks are Items therefore you must treat them as Items. Read here.

Documentation is really convoluted and there is no usage specification, like, when and where should I call the ModelLoader. Can I do it anywhere I want? Or this require to be done during an specific event? Item documentation doesn't mention anything at all about this. Since block model was done automatically I never imagined that I should do something different for a simple ItemBlock

An example would be appreciated 

Edited by Kayrox

Just now, Kayrox said:

Since block model was done automatically

It was not done automatically. The blockstate was done automatically then you specify the model in there. 

1 minute ago, Kayrox said:

Can I do it anywhere I want? Or this require to be done during an specific event?

2 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

ModelRegistryEvent