[1.12.2] Send Chat Message Issue

Lea9ue

So I am having trouble sending chat under certain conditions.  From my server handler I can do: 

@SubscribeEvent 
	public static void sendMessage(LivingUpdateEvent event) {
		World world = event.getEntity().world;
			if(!world.isRemote) {
				if(event.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer) {
					EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.getEntity();
					player.sendMessage(new TextComponentTranslation("diamondSacrifice" + diamondSacrifice, new Object[0]).setStyle(new Style().setColor(TextFormatting.BLACK)));

....Do Other things

and with this everyone receives message as I intend. BUT if I add another if statement:

@SubscribeEvent //Send message to player
	public static void sendMessage(LivingUpdateEvent event) {
		World world = event.getEntity().world;
		if(diamondSacrificeMessage == 1) {
			if(!world.isRemote) {
				if(event.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer) {
					EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.getEntity();
					player.sendMessage(new TextComponentTranslation("diamondSacrifice" + diamondSacrifice, new Object[0]).setStyle(new Style().setColor(TextFormatting.BLACK)));

Then the client no longer gets messages while testing thru LAN. Can someone explain to me why a check of a public static int would cause problems?  

1 minute ago, Lea9ue said:

Can someone explain to me why a check of a public static int would cause problems?

How/where are you changing the value of diamondSacrificeMessage?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

9 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

How/where are you changing the value of diamondSacrificeMessage?

In the same class from multiple different ways. For example one reason I would have to do this would be for like this:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void mobDefeat(LivingDeathEvent event) {
		World world = event.getEntityLiving().world;
		if (event.getEntity() instanceof EntitySkeleton) {
			if(event.getSource().getTrueSource() instanceof EntityPlayerMP) {
				diamondSacrificeMessage = 1;
			}
		}
	}

Obviously for this the true source would only be the player that killed mob so I change diamondSacrificeMessage to 1 and then check with if statement in my original post and then reset to 0 once chat message is sent.

1 hour ago, Lea9ue said:

Obviously for this the true source would only be the player that killed mob so I change diamondSacrificeMessage to 1 and then check with if statement in my original post and then reset to 0 once chat message is sent.

Try stepping through your code in a debugger. Also why not just send the message in the LivingDeathEvent...?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

3 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Try stepping through your code in a debugger. Also why not just send the message in the LivingDeathEvent...?

Yes I could, and that works for that scenario.  But it doesnt work for other instances. For example take the onDeathEvent, I dont think it will send message to all players. Only player who is trueSource, and let's look at a hypothetical for using INT's. Let's say I want to count skeleton kills. Once 10 skeletons are killed by EntityPlayer, if I want to send a message to everyone playing, then I have a problem.  So that's what I need a solution checking a if statement for a static int thats not going thru on client side.