Annotated config files and syncing

stepsword

I'm a bit confused on syncing annotated config files. Guidance on this forum has generally been to send a packet to the client on PlayerLoggedIn and update a "client" config file.

So let's say I have a ServerConfig class and a Config class, where the latter is the client's config that gets updated. If I want to register a dimension using an ID based on the config, I have to register it on both the client and server, right? Using DimensionType.register()? If I put this in my CommonProxy, it'll get called on both. Assuming Config is only updated when a player logs in, I can't use Config on the server. But I also can't use ServerConfig on the client cause the client could have the wrong thing in their config file. Anyone know the right way to do this?

Perhaps a better question is - is there an event for when the config gets loaded from the file?Does ConfigChangedEvent.OnConfigChangedEvent cover that? If so I could just update the Config class when the file initially loads? But does dimension registering happen before or after the config is loaded?

Edited by stepsword

13 minutes ago, stepsword said:

Perhaps a better question is

The better question is why is your dimension ID configurable?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

7 minutes ago, stepsword said:

Is that something I don't have to worry about?

I dont believe so. I believe there is a method to provide you with an ID that hasn't been used in 1.12 and in 1.14 I dont think it uses integer ids for anything other than saving to disk.

• Thanks 1

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.