[SOLVED] Difference in setBlock breaking my mod. Help?

Arphahat

I am trying to update my mod to work in 1.5.  Much of it was trivial or little changes, but a core mechanic I was relying on seems different and I'm not sure what it is doing or how to adjust.

I was relying on setBlock to in World to call notifyBlockChange with the id of the block, in this case, the fire block (id 51).  Before, it worked great.  Now, however, instead of just passing the block id (par4), it passes k1 which is "k1 = chunk.getBlockID(par1 & 15, par2, par3 & 15);"  Why is it ANDing the coordinates of the block with 15? 

Tracing it through that area, it seems to find 51 again, but then decides to return 0.  It then uses this 0 instead of passing the 51 in par4 into notifyBlockChange.  Grrrr!!!

Anyhow, my important question is this: I need to know when a block is next to a fire block.  I was previously overriding the "onNeighborBlockChange" and checking to see if the id was fire.  Now the id is always 0.  Is there another way I can do this?

I am trying to update my mod to work in 1.5.  Much of it was trivial or little changes, but a core mechanic I was relying on seems different and I'm not sure what it is doing or how to adjust.

I was relying on setBlock to in World to call notifyBlockChange with the id of the block, in this case, the fire block (id 51).  Before, it worked great.  Now, however, instead of just passing the block id (par4), it passes k1 which is "k1 = chunk.getBlockID(par1 & 15, par2, par3 & 15);"  Why is it ANDing the coordinates of the block with 15? 

Tracing it through that area, it seems to find 51 again, but then decides to return 0.  It then uses this 0 instead of passing the 51 in par4 into notifyBlockChange.  Grrrr!!!

Anyhow, my important question is this: I need to know when a block is next to a fire block.  I was previously overriding the "onNeighborBlockChange" and checking to see if the id was fire.  Now the id is always 0.  Is there another way I can do this?

OK, I experimented a little bit and it seems that the logic is reversed from how it used to behave.  The block id that is used in the notify neighbor is of the block that was there before the update.  So, if you are placing fire in a spot that was just air, it will be a 0, but if you knock down a block, it will give the id of the block. 

So, to look for fire, I just have to let it check for 0 and then check the status of the block as it is now.  It will call the check more frequently, since it will also be 0 whenever any block is placed, but it won't call it abusively nor generate lag, so it is tolerable.

OK, I experimented a little bit and it seems that the logic is reversed from how it used to behave.  The block id that is used in the notify neighbor is of the block that was there before the update.  So, if you are placing fire in a spot that was just air, it will be a 0, but if you knock down a block, it will give the id of the block. 

So, to look for fire, I just have to let it check for 0 and then check the status of the block as it is now.  It will call the check more frequently, since it will also be 0 whenever any block is placed, but it won't call it abusively nor generate lag, so it is tolerable.