Player NBT Tag 1.12.2

poopoodice

I am finding a way to set nbt tag to players. But only found how to create and use capabilities on players not nbt tags. 

The thing I want to do is when the player with a specific armor equipped, the player's nbt tag will be set to a value in the armor class onArmorTick. And the other class can check the nbt tag on the player and do correspond things. Any reply will be appreciated.

Edited by poopoodice
add the version of minecraft

29 minutes ago, poopoodice said:

Any reply will be appreciated.

That's what you use a Capability for...NBT is only used to save data to the disk. It shouldn't be used to store and access values.

2 minutes ago, poopoodice said:

Alright so I used player.getEntityData().setString(key, value) in onArmorTick method.

Don't do this. Attach a capability to the player to store the data you want on the player. Then use EntityPlayer#getCapability to get your capability instance and modify and access the data from there.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

5 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

That's what you use a Capability for...NBT is only used to save data to the disk. It shouldn't be used to store and access values.

Don't do this. Attach a capability to the player to store the data you want on the player. Then use EntityPlayer#getCapability to get your capability instance and modify and access the data from there.

Even if the data I wanted to store is just string? I don't want things to get too complicated.

1 minute ago, poopoodice said:

Even if the data I wanted to store is just string? I don't want things to get too complicated.

Yes.

• Thanks 1

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.