[Contributing 1.14.x] [Solved] How to use test mods when building using eclipse?

FireController1847

I've gotten so far as to fork the repository, run the `setup` and `eclipse` tasks, and import the project into Eclipse (and I can run it). I've made my contribution, but I can't seem to figure out how to test it. The tutorial on the docs websites does not include anything for setting up the test mods on Eclipse, only IntelliJ. Does anyone know how to do it?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, I didn't know of any other spots.

Edited by FireController1847

I am on my journey of making a remake of matmos, as explained here.

For anyone looking at this in future reference, I figured it out. There's a Gradle task that you need to run that will generate all of the test files that are needed to, well, test. This is not stated in the documentation. Once you've done that you can find example test mods in the "test-java" source package.

I am on my journey of making a remake of matmos, as explained here.

• 1 month later...

And the gradle task you need to run is... what exactly? I have this same problem. The Contributing to Forge docs for 1.13.x described a very different environment to the one I cloned. I was able to get as far as being able to make changes, run forge, and see those changes by a process of experimentation.

As of this writing I am unable to enable the test mods or run my own mods to test my changes. (I need a buddy)

Edited by Zeigfreid

The test mods are included in the workspace already, you just have to create a new one (in src/test/java/net/minecraftforge/debug/) and add it to the mods.toml (src/test/resources/META-INF/).

See the files changed:

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/6267

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

The real answer is: use Eclipse!

1.14 forge development setup guide for Eclipse (OSX):

git clone https://github.com/<User>/MinecraftForge Forge
cd Forge
./gradlew setup eclipse forge:genEclipseRuns

open Eclipse

File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into workspace

Run and Done!