[1.14.4][SOLVED] Throwable Entity Render

Boy132

I created a throwable rock item and I can throw it but the entity is not rendered.

This is called during client setup:

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityRock.class, new IRenderFactory<Entity>()
{
  @Override
  public EntityRenderer<? super Entity> createRenderFor(EntityRendererManager manager)
  {
  	return new SpriteRenderer(manager, Minecraft.getInstance().getItemRenderer());
  }
});

I found setCustomClientFactory() when creating the entity type but I don't know if I must use it?

Edited by Boy132
solved: used setCustomClientFactory() and overwritten createSpawnPacket()

42 minutes ago, Boy132 said:

I created a throwable rock item and I can throw it but the entity is not rendered.

What you have is fine, however you need to override createSpawnPacket in your Entity class and give it your own IPacket that spawns the entity in the handle method and basically does what SSpawnObjectPacket does. But for your Entities/Entity.

• Thanks 2

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

32 minutes ago, fanor said:

Why we need to override createSpawnPacket ? i don't get it .. ?

Because the vanilla one doesn't work for modded entities unless they are living. The packet takes specific information like the entities Unique ID and position and velocity and spawns the same entity on the client with all of that data. If you don't override createSpawnPacket then the client won't know that that entity exists.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

6 minutes ago, fanor said:

cause this function : handler.handleSpawnGlobalEntity take only SSpawnGlobalEntityPacket ..

Don't use that function..

On 9/13/2019 at 3:18 PM, Animefan8888 said:

that spawns the entity in the handle method

By handle method here I meant the processPacket method.

Just now, fanor said:

but i really don't know how to implemet this ..

Show what you have tried.

package fr.mvinet.craftal.packet;

import net.minecraft.client.network.play.IClientPlayNetHandler;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.entity.EntityType;
import net.minecraft.network.INetHandler;
import net.minecraft.network.IPacket;
import net.minecraft.network.PacketBuffer;
import net.minecraft.util.math.MathHelper;
import net.minecraft.util.registry.Registry;
import net.minecraftforge.api.distmarker.Dist;
import net.minecraftforge.api.distmarker.OnlyIn;

import java.util.UUID;

public class SpawnPacket implements IPacket {

private int entityId;
	private UUID uniqueId;
	private double x;
	private double y;
	private double z;
	private int speedX;
	private int speedY;
	private int speedZ;
	private int pitch;
	private int yaw;
	private EntityType<?> type;

public SpawnPacket() {
	}

public SpawnPacket(Entity entity) {
		this();
		this.entityId = entity.getEntityId();
		this.uniqueId = entity.getUniqueID();
		this.x = entity.posX;
		this.y = entity.posY;
		this.z = entity.posZ;
		this.pitch = MathHelper.floor(entity.rotationPitch * 256.0F / 360.0F);
		this.yaw = MathHelper.floor(entity.rotationYaw * 256.0F / 360.0F);
		this.type = entity.getType();
		this.speedX = (int) (MathHelper.clamp(entity.getMotion().x, -3.9D, 3.9D) * 8000.0D);
		this.speedY = (int) (MathHelper.clamp(entity.getMotion().y, -3.9D, 3.9D) * 8000.0D);
		this.speedZ = (int) (MathHelper.clamp(entity.getMotion().z, -3.9D, 3.9D) * 8000.0D);
	}

/**
	 * Reads the raw packet data from the data stream.
	 */
	public void readPacketData(PacketBuffer buf) {
		this.entityId = buf.readVarInt();
		this.uniqueId = buf.readUniqueId();
		this.type = Registry.ENTITY_TYPE.getByValue(buf.readVarInt());
		this.x = buf.readDouble();
		this.y = buf.readDouble();
		this.z = buf.readDouble();
		this.pitch = buf.readByte();
		this.yaw = buf.readByte();
		this.speedX = buf.readShort();
		this.speedY = buf.readShort();
		this.speedZ = buf.readShort();
	}

/**
	 * Writes the raw packet data to the data stream.
	 */
	public void writePacketData(PacketBuffer buf) {
		buf.writeVarInt(this.entityId);
		buf.writeUniqueId(this.uniqueId);
		buf.writeVarInt(Registry.ENTITY_TYPE.getId(this.type));
		buf.writeDouble(this.x);
		buf.writeDouble(this.y);
		buf.writeDouble(this.z);
		buf.writeByte(this.pitch);
		buf.writeByte(this.yaw);
		buf.writeShort(this.speedX);
		buf.writeShort(this.speedY);
		buf.writeShort(this.speedZ);
	}

@Override
	public void processPacket(INetHandler handler) {
		//Like this ? i really don't know how to do that
		handler.getNetworkManager().sendPacket(this);
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public int getEntityID() {
		return this.entityId;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public UUID getUniqueId() {
		return this.uniqueId;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public double getX() {
		return this.x;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public double getY() {
		return this.y;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public double getZ() {
		return this.z;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public double func_218693_g() {
		return (double) this.speedX / 8000.0D;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public double func_218695_h() {
		return (double) this.speedY / 8000.0D;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public double func_218692_i() {
		return (double) this.speedZ / 8000.0D;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public int getPitch() {
		return this.pitch;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public int getYaw() {
		return this.yaw;
	}

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
	public EntityType<?> getType() {
		return this.type;
	}

}

Nothing .. like i said, i don't know how to implement this .. so i have nothing ..

Edited by fanor

4 minutes ago, fanor said:

like i said, i don't know how to implement this

Which part are you having problems with. Creating the entity that sent the packet? Use EntityType#create(Minecraft.getInstance().world)

You don't know how to spawn the Entity? Minecraft.getInstance().world.addEntity

What is it that you are having difficulty with?

7 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Which part are you having problems with. Creating the entity that sent the packet? Use EntityType#create(Minecraft.getInstance().world)

You don't know how to spawn the Entity? Minecraft.getInstance().world.addEntity

What is it that you are having difficulty with?

I know how to spawn the entity :

CustomProjectil projectilEntity = new CustomProjectil(worldIn, playerIn);
projectilEntity.shoot(playerIn, playerIn.rotationPitch, playerIn.rotationYaw, 0.0F, 1.5F, 1.0F);
worldIn.addEntity(projectilEntity);

it's what i need to put in "processPacket" method ...

6 minutes ago, fanor said:

it's what i need to put in "processPacket" method ...

I literally told you what needs to go there... you need to create an entity and spawn it in the client world.

I have try

@Override
public void processPacket(INetHandler handler) {
   Entity entity = new CustomProjectil(Minecraft.getInstance().world, x, y, z);
   Minecraft.getInstance().world.addEntity(entity);
}

i have try many things like this, but doesn't seem to work

i'm feel stupid

Edited by fanor