[1.14.4][SOLVED] Turning Bats hostiles

JimiIT92

Hi everyone! :D I was trying Forge for 1.14.4 these days and was trying to change to Bat's AI or make an "hostile" version of them. What i tried is to create an entity that extends the Bat Entity and adds the goals and attributes for it to attack players. However i'm clearly missing something since it doesn't work, the entity works fine in the world but is not attacking :/ Here is the entity code (not much)

package com.antiblaze.entities;

import net.minecraft.entity.EntityType;
import net.minecraft.entity.SharedMonsterAttributes;
import net.minecraft.entity.ai.goal.NearestAttackableTargetGoal;
import net.minecraft.entity.passive.BatEntity;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.PlayerEntity;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

/**
 * @author JimiIT92
 */
public class HostileBatEntity extends BatEntity {

public HostileBatEntity(EntityType<? extends HostileBatEntity> type, World worldIn) {
        super(type, worldIn);
    }

@Override
    protected void registerGoals() {
        super.registerGoals();

this.targetSelector.addGoal(2, new NearestAttackableTargetGoal<>(this, PlayerEntity.class, true));
    }

@Override
    protected void registerAttributes() {
        super.registerAttributes();
        this.getAttributes().registerAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE);
        this.getAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE).setBaseValue(3.0f);
    }
}

I've already tried changing this

this.targetSelector.addGoal(2, new NearestAttackableTargetGoal<>(this, PlayerEntity.class, true));

to this

this.goalSelector.addGoal(2, new NearestAttackableTargetGoal<>(this, PlayerEntity.class, true));

but that had no effects. So how can i make this new entity hostile torwards players? Or make the vanilla bats hostile? I know i must subscribe to the EntityJoinWorld event to change their AI's, however i think that giving the bats these goals would have the same "no effect"

Edited by JimiIT92
Solved

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

3 hours ago, JimiIT92 said:

but that had no effects. So how can i make this new entity hostile torwards players? Or make the vanilla bats hostile? I know i must subscribe to the EntityJoinWorld event to change their AI's, however i think that giving the bats these goals would have the same "no effect"

so first of all you could just replace every bat that spawns with your custom entity in the EntityJoinWorld event. second you set the attack target but the entity doesnt do anything, it also needs an AI to actually attack i think its EntityAIAttackMelee.

Forgot to close the post, i got this to work in the mean time by doing this. Catching the EntityJoinEvent and doing this

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void onBatJoinWorldEvent(final EntityJoinWorldEvent event) {
        if(event.getEntity() instanceof BatEntity) {
            BatEntity bat = (BatEntity)event.getEntity();
            bat.goalSelector.addGoal(Settings.ATTACK_GOAL_PRIORITY, new AntiBlazeAttackGoal(bat, Settings.ATTACK_GOAL_SPEED, false));
            bat.targetSelector.addGoal(Settings.ATTACK_GOAL_PRIORITY, new NearestAttackableTargetGoal<>(bat, AntiBlazeEntity.class, false));
            if(bat.getAttributes().getAttributeInstance(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE) == null) {
                bat.getAttributes().registerAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE);
                bat.getAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.ATTACK_DAMAGE).setBaseValue(Settings.ATTACK_DAMAGE);
            }
        }
    }

What i've done is creating a new Goal, wich is essentially the copy of MeleeAttackGoal but with an AmbientEntity instead of a CreatureEntity. Then i've assigned this goal to the goal selector and give the bat a target like you would normally do with an hostile mob (in this case i've set to attack a custom entity from the mod itself, but you can set whatever you want). Then i set the attack damage, but only if the entity doesn't have that attribute already set. This way i managed to turn bats into some nightmares ?

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)