• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I made a mod to remove the combat cooldown system on my Forge Server: But I always get disconnected immediately with this whenever I join:  
    • Hi,   I've been trying to look this up and have had no luck with this. As far as I'm aware, my code looks correct, but obviously something is missing.   The problem is that I have registered a couple sound events for a custom entity, but the entity is not playing the sound, and the debug log states this:  [Render thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.audio.SoundEngine/]: Missing sound for event: thestuff:schnozz_ambient     Here's my ModSoundEvents class to store the sound events: package com.redspy.thestuff.common; import java.util.ArrayList; import com.redspy.thestuff.TheStuff; import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation; import net.minecraft.util.SoundEvent; public class ModSoundEvents { static ArrayList<SoundEvent> allItems = new ArrayList<SoundEvent>(); public static SoundEvent schnozz_ambient = register("schnozz_ambient"); public static SoundEvent schnozz_hurt = register("schnozz_hurt"); public static SoundEvent schnozz_dead = register("schnozz_dead"); public static SoundEvent[] getAllSounds() { return allItems.toArray(new SoundEvent[allItems.size()]); } private static ResourceLocation location(String name) { return new ResourceLocation(TheStuff.modId, name); } private static SoundEvent register(String name) { ResourceLocation soundLocation = location(name); SoundEvent ret = new SoundEvent(soundLocation).setRegistryName(name); allItems.add(ret); return ret; } }   And here's how they're registered: @SubscribeEvent public static void onSoundsRegistry(final RegistryEvent.Register<SoundEvent> event) { event.getRegistry().registerAll ( ModSoundEvents.getAllSounds() ); LOGGER.info("Sounds Registered"); }   Here's my sounds.json (located at src\main\resources\assets\thestuff) { "schnozz_ambient": { "category": "mob", "subtitle": "thestuff.subtitle.schnozz_ambient", "sounds": [ "thestuff:schnozz_ambient1", "thestuff:schnozz_ambient2" ] }, "schnozz_hurt": { "category": "mob", "subtitle": "thestuff.subtitle.schnozz_hurt", "sounds": [ "thestuff:schnozz_hurt1", "thestuff:schnozz_hurt2" ] }, "schnozz_dead": { "category": "mob", "subtitle": "thestuff.subtitle.schnozz_dead", "sounds": [ "thestuff:schnozz_dead" ] }, } With the sounds located at src\main\resources\assets\thestuff\sounds, and all the sounds are not empty, and are .ogg files.   In case it helps, my custom entity is derived off of a chicken, and calls the sounds as such: protected SoundEvent getAmbientSound() { return ModSoundEvents.schnozz_ambient; } protected SoundEvent getHurtSound(DamageSource damageSourceIn) { return ModSoundEvents.schnozz_hurt; } protected SoundEvent getDeathSound() { return ModSoundEvents.schnozz_dead; }     I should also note that "/playsound thestuff:schnozz_ambient" or any of the other sound event registry names does not work in-game.   Not sure where I'm going wrong here, or how to fix it.    Any ideas? Tips?  Anything I'm obviously doing wrong?
    • Details:     Block: buildcraftenergy:fluid_block_fuel_gaseous_heat_1[level=1]     Block location: World: (211,83,950), Chunk: (at 3,5,6 in 13,59; contains blocks 208,0,944 to 223,255,959), Region: (0,1; contains chunks 0,32 to 31,63, blocks 0,0,512 to 511,255,1023) Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:737)     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:223) Ok I find out the problem However I remember I haven't built any buildcraft stuff in that area After I delete the block in MCedit, the crash report: Details:     Block: buildcraftenergy:fluid_block_fuel_gaseous_heat_1[level=1]     Block location: World: (212,83,950), Chunk: (at 4,5,6 in 13,59; contains blocks 208,0,944 to 223,255,959), Region: (0,1; contains chunks 0,32 to 31,63, blocks 0,0,512 to 511,255,1023) Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:737)     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:223) I change all the blocks near that block into stone and the crash report becomes: Details:     Block: buildcraftenergy:fluid_block_fuel_gaseous_heat_1[level=3]     Block location: World: (213,83,948), Chunk: (at 5,5,4 in 13,59; contains blocks 208,0,944 to 223,255,959), Region: (0,1; contains chunks 0,32 to 31,63, blocks 0,0,512 to 511,255,1023) Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:737)     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:223) So what is the source causing this?  
    • Gave up, ripping the sounds out of minecraft jar and dropping them in. Maybe I'll find a example to work with one day, Or a updated tutorial not using outdated information. No use rewriting huge swaths of code. Sorry about creating yet another dead end post that went nowhere.
    • I recently made a post about achieving a isometric view, I was able to figure that out pretty easily googling around and figuring out how to make a basic coremod to modify the frustum method in ClippingHelperImpl to prevent chunks / entities fading out behind the player. I have ran into another problem of trying to get the player head to follow where the mouse is on the screen. I currently just use a empty Screen GUI (I don't know if this is the best way of accomplishing this vs ungrabbing the mouse) The things I need to find out how to accomplish is: Have the player face the mouse on screen The best way to have the mouse show on screen (Empty GUI vs ungrabbing the mouse) converting screen to world coordinates (click on block and it raytraces it, and implement the player moving to that block) This is my current prototype code for trying to get the player character to follow the mouse  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)