PSA: Please learn Java before trying to make a mod.

goodiesohhi

I've just started using forge a few days ago and I'm making good headway on my project which is a custom Moba-like minigame.

This is what I've noticed, so much of these forums  just people wanting to have things done for them.

Absolutely no understanding of java or oop in general. It's hard sometimes to find relevant forge discussion or help because it's mostly just general java non-understanding.

Please. Before attempting to do some programming, try to at least a little bit or programming.

well many gotta start somewhere and i was forcefed javascript but i made an effort to pay attention to what my friends were doing and i got it down eventually and now im better than they are but yknow i think most people who want to make mods will be passionate about it and pay attention

1 hour ago, kekmane said:

well many gotta start somewhere and i was forcefed javascript but i made an effort to pay attention to what my friends were doing and i got it down eventually and now im better than they are but yknow i think most people who want to make mods will be passionate about it and pay attention

The reason I made this post is because I saw 3 posts in a row where the OP says basically: I don't wanna spend a long time learning java when on of you guys can just tell me what I need, while the code snippets they supply have random fields created that are never accessed thinking that they just need to make a field called attack damage and it will magically change a tool's attack damage. Or syntactical errors like override annotations thrown around everywhere, even within methods. Or random braces, random casting, random everything and not wanting to learn but rather just copying and pasting.