Adding a mod

6HD

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times I done a quick search but couldn't find alot.

I notice once I start Minecraft that under the Mod section is 'Forge Mod Loader'. Can this be used to add mods to a server? If so how can this be done?

Thank you.

Edit: I've got the server up and running, I'm just not sure how Mods are added :)

So there are 2 options:

*ModLoader (Oldschool - still god but just different than Forge)

*Forge

So I guess you are using Forge.

Forge is an API that have alredy implemented FML (ForgeModLoader) which is nearly the same as normal ModLoader. This allows you to add mods on your client and server.

How to install mods:

1. Get minecraft_server.jar (1.5.1)

2. Get NEW (clean) .minecraft (delete one in AppData and download new one)

3. Go here: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?action=files

4. Download *universal* - be sure to download lates version.

5. Open minecarft.jar and minecraft_server.jar and put downloaded forge in it. (NOTE: You only need Forge as it alredy has ModLoader in it, no nooed to instal ML separately)

6. Now only one thing you need to do is install mods:

-You'll need to find mod you want to install (be sure it's SMP and has 1.5.1 FORGE support)

-Most of mods are *Universal*, and if so, only one thing you'll need to do is put mod .zip (or .jar) file into:

/.minecarft/mods/

and

/server/mods/

-Launche the server and log in.

-If mod isn't universal you just download Server Forge version of it, and Client Forge version.

client v. in client.

server v. in server.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

If you are running forge with mods, all players playing there would have to download your mod pack (or use your launcher, which I guess you don't have - don't ask how to get one - this is rather for big servers or coder that have time to code one).

So basically - yes, they need to have all mods included in /mods/ directory of server.

Btw.: You can also drop (unpack) .zip/.jar mod into minecarft.jar (also server) - this would help you if you are going to distribute your modpack (only it you are not using mods that have they own resources)

Also remember to ask author about redistributing his mod - ALWAYS.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.