[1.14] Forge Fluid Model?

Draco18s

In 1.12 I had a block that used extended states in order to render flowing water over the top of its regular model. I managed this using the forge:fluid model:

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/1.12.1/src/main/resources/assets/harderores/blockstates/basic_sluice.json#L7

That model is no longer available in 1.14, so how would I go about doing this instead?

Currently I get this error:

[20Aug2019 19:44:36.220] [Server-Worker-2/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.renderer.model.ModelBakery/]: Unable to load model: 'forge:fluid' referenced from: harderores:sluice#facing=north: java.io.FileNotFoundException: forge:models/fluid.json

Additionally, getExtendedState no longer exists and I don't see a replacement, even though the update notes mention it.

latest?cb=20150204202103

More pictures of what it looks like can be found on the mod wiki.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Forge's fluid system (including the forge:fluid model) was removed in 1.13 due to large changes in the Vanilla fluid system. Forge's new fluid system is still being worked on, you can see some of the progress in this PR and KingLemming's fork.

Until then, you could look at Vanilla's waterloggable blocks (IWaterLoggable) where the block can exist in the same space as a fluid (usually water).

Extended states were replaced by the model data system in this PR.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

2 hours ago, Choonster said:

Until then, you could look at Vanilla's waterloggable blocks (IWaterLoggable) where the block can exist in the same space as a fluid (usually water).

Already did, it is not sufficient for my needs. Waterlogged blocks can only be completely full of water ("source blocks") not flowing (as of the current version) and I specifically need flowing water (and that flow needs to "decay" twice as fast). I even attempted to return a different fluid state that contained level information, but it did not work.

2 hours ago, Choonster said:

Extended states were replaced by the model data system in this PR.

Thanks.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

What has world.markBlockRangeForRenderUpdate(pos, pos); been replaced by?

20 hours ago, Draco18s said:

What has world.markBlockRangeForRenderUpdate(pos, pos); been replaced by?

The closest equivalents I can see are World#func_225319_b or WorldRenderer#markBlockRangeForRenderUpdate, though a lot of places that used to call World#markBlockRangeForRenderUpdate don't seem to call anything in its place now.

Edited by Choonster

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

func_225319_b looks like the one I want. Thanks.

Still trying to work out the other stuff, but fortunately I found an example and will just have to beat my head against it for a while.

2019-08-22_22_12_36.png.97882edaf2459df13ab0be10e295043f.png 

Well, this is about as far as I can get.

I can't get the color/transparency right. Both the int color variable (which is set by the TE as the biome water color) and the faceData[i + 6] = 0x7F00; have an effect on what renders. Changing the 7F00 value "too much" causes the quad to become opaque, but its more of a magic bitflag thing (I can't tell which bit(s) are involved, just that some values are Fine and some values are Not Fine).

@Override
	public List<BakedQuad> getQuads(BlockState state, Direction side, Random rand, IModelData extraData) {
		ArrayList<BakedQuad> list = new ArrayList<BakedQuad>();
		float[] corners = new float[4];
		corners[0] = extraData.getData(SluiceTileEntity.LEVEL_CORNERS_0);//NW
		corners[1] = extraData.getData(SluiceTileEntity.LEVEL_CORNERS_1);//SW
		corners[2] = extraData.getData(SluiceTileEntity.LEVEL_CORNERS_2);//NE
		corners[3] = extraData.getData(SluiceTileEntity.LEVEL_CORNERS_3);//SE
		int color = (0xFF000000) | extraData.getData(SluiceTileEntity.WATER_COLOR);
		int red = (color & 0xFF0000) >> 16;
		int green = (color & 0x00FF00) >> 8;
		int blue = color & 0x0000FF;

color = (0xFF000000) | (blue << 16) | (green << 8) | red;
		FaceBakery faceBakery = new FaceBakery();
		BlockFaceUV uvs = new BlockFaceUV(new float[] {0, 0, 8, 8}, 0);
		BlockPartFace partFace = new BlockPartFace(Direction.UP,0,"",uvs);
		ISprite isprite = new BasicState(ModelsCache.DEFAULTMODELSTATE,true);
		BlockPartRotation rotation = new BlockPartRotation(new Vector3f(0,0,0), Direction.Axis.Y, 0, false);
		boolean diffuseLight = true;
		BakedQuad q0 = faceBakery.makeBakedQuad(new Vector3f(0,corners[1]*16,0), new Vector3f(16,corners[1]*16,16), partFace, 
				atlasSpritesWater[1], Direction.UP, isprite, rotation, diffuseLight);
		//list.addAll(waterFlow.getQuads(state, side, rand, null));
		int[] data = new int[28];
		bakeQuad(data, new Vector3f[] {
				new Vector3f(0,corners[0],0),
				new Vector3f(0,corners[1],1),
				new Vector3f(1,corners[2],1),
				new Vector3f(1,corners[3],0)
		}, atlasSpritesWater[1], uvs, color);
		/*int[] data = new int[]{
			0, 1063423836, 0, -1, 1023434916, 960579630, 32512, 
			0, 1063423836, 1065353216, -1, 1023434916, 1031749304, 32512,
			1065353216, 1063423836, 1065353216, -1, 1031774044, 1031749304, 32512,
			1065353216, 1063423836, 0, -1, 1031774044, 960579630, 32512};*/
		q0 = new BakedQuad(data, 0, Direction.UP, atlasSpritesWater[1], diffuseLight, DefaultVertexFormats.BLOCK);
		list.addAll(basePlate.getQuads(state, side, rand, null));
		list.add(q0);
		return list;
	}

private void bakeQuad(int[] dataOut, Vector3f[] verts, TextureAtlasSprite sprite, BlockFaceUV faceUV, int tintIndex) {
		for(int i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
			storeVertexData(dataOut, i, i, verts[i], tintIndex, sprite, faceUV);
		}
	}

private void storeVertexData(int[] faceData, int storeIndex, int vertexIndex, Vector3f position, int shadeColor, TextureAtlasSprite sprite, BlockFaceUV faceUV) {
		int i = storeIndex * 7;
		faceData[i] = Float.floatToRawIntBits(position.getX());
		faceData[i + 1] = Float.floatToRawIntBits(position.getY());
		faceData[i + 2] = Float.floatToRawIntBits(position.getZ());
		faceData[i + 3] = shadeColor;
		faceData[i + 4] = Float.floatToRawIntBits(sprite.getInterpolatedU((double)faceUV.getVertexU(vertexIndex) * .999 + faceUV.getVertexU((vertexIndex + 2) % 4) * .001));
		faceData[i + 5] = Float.floatToRawIntBits(sprite.getInterpolatedV((double)faceUV.getVertexV(vertexIndex) * .999 + faceUV.getVertexV((vertexIndex + 2) % 4) * .001));
		faceData[i + 6] = 0x7F00;
	}

Mainly it acts like its not taking into account light levels (at night it looks like a very pale cyan color!?),  but setting diffuseLight to false doesn't change anything.

Edited by Draco18s

Finally figured out what was going on.

I wasn't taking into account the side parameter, so all the faces I was generating were being rendered 6 times. I just didn't expect that to do that that way. Once I fixed that I figured out that the 7F00 value was affecting the transparency and was "too transparent" (despite having been the value that was returned when I told vanilla code to generate quads).

End result: fucking beautiful

2019-08-24_18.38.48.png

Also made the wood part follow the angle, as I'd always wanted to have happen.