How to break blocks as player

outflows

I was wondering if there was a method or something that I could use in order to swing at a block as a player and actually BREAK the block. I tried using player.swingArm() but that doesn't actually break the block that the player is swinging at. If anyone could help that would be great

@SubscribeEvent
	public void run(ClientTickEvent event)
	{

EntityPlayer player = Minecraft.getMinecraft().player;
		if(isRunning && event.phase == TickEvent.Phase.START)
		{
			player.setVelocity(0.2, 0.0, 0.0);
			player.rotationPitch = -90.0f;
			player.rotationYaw = -90.0f;
			Minecraft.getMinecraft().playerController.clickBlock(Minecraft.getMinecraft().objectMouseOver.getBlockPos(), EnumFacing.UP);
		}

}

This is what I have so far but right now it doesn't work when I'm on a server. For some reason it just breaks one block and then stops.

Edited by outflows

Yes, this is for a client side mod, the problem is that I was using a mod for 1.12.2 on a server that was using bungee from 1.8-1.14.4. So I realized that I need to make the mod for 1.8 since it's the lowest version on the server. The problem is that when I switched to 1.8, I was unable to register classes for whatever reason.