Any good tutorials for 1.12.2?

SirDerpyHerp

TBH most of the tutorials I've seen are crap, and/or just a "here, type this to make this thing", and then copy paste code. Most tutorial writers run out of steam once they've covered the simple things every tutorial writer covers, so they're mostly all the same anyway, video tutorials being the worst IMO.

If you know Java (I'm assuming you do), just setup a workspace (the forge docs for 1.12 work for this), and start tinkering. Looking at the vanilla code is a good resource, and you can always find open source projects on github (quality may vary).

When you run into issues, just make sure you have a working github repo of your project, and post logs and as much detail about your issue as possible when looking for help. Make sure to include what you are trying to accomplish as an end result, that can often help people give you a better (or the right) way of doing things.

And of course, if you do not know Java, learn Java first, because you will have difficulties otherwise, and the people on these forums are not keen on teaching people Java (don't blame them).

53 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

TBH most of the tutorials I've seen are crap, and/or just a "here, type this to make this thing", and then copy paste code. Most tutorial writers run out of steam once they've covered the simple things every tutorial writer covers, so they're mostly all the same anyway, video tutorials being the worst IMO.

If you know Java (I'm assuming you do), just setup a workspace (the forge docs for 1.12 work for this), and start tinkering. Looking at the vanilla code is a good resource, and you can always find open source projects on github (quality may vary).

When you run into issues, just make sure you have a working github repo of your project, and post logs and as much detail about your issue as possible when looking for help. Make sure to include what you are trying to accomplish as an end result, that can often help people give you a better (or the right) way of doing things.

And of course, if you do not know Java, learn Java first, because you will have difficulties otherwise, and the people on these forums are not keen on teaching people Java (don't blame them).

Thanks for the response, I've already made a workspace and followed a fairly decent tutorial just enough to get a grasp on how things work, and I've never really tinkered before so it should be interesting