[1.5.1] Consuming an item trough a Gui Button

SenpaiSubaraki

So, I have everything I need, but 'im stuck on this last feature.

Clicking the button would need to activate

player.inventory.consumItem(Item.ingotIron.itemID);

which it does, obviously.

But gui's are client only, so as soon as i rightclick the item, the change gets neglected by the server, and the stacksize is added one again.

So i decide to send a packet to the server.

(enter packethandler code here x)  )

removed the old consumeItem code and added it in the packethandler.

now it consumes 2 items !!

I was like ftw. how's that possible ? double checked for any double code, which i dont have.

Checked for worldObj.isRemote with and without ' ! '. in both cases, no items got consumed.

I used getEffectiveSide. same problem as above.

I made it pass trough client and common proxy. consumed 2 items. i commented out either client or common proxy methods to consume the item. ...> no item consumed

I'm totaly lost D: I dont know if this is a forge bug or if its just me doing stuff wrong.

did anyone have this problem ? does someone know what i do wrong ?

I'll share code, but my small gui is rather Stuffed of switches :/

thanks for any help given.

subaraki.

what if all the button do is to send the packet to the server.

Then handle the packet as you do now and don't do anything to remove the item on the client side?

You will still have the item on the client-side, although it's disappearing when you do something with it (dropping, using etc.)

What I suggest is to send a packet to the server, the server removes the Item and then call

playerInstance.openContainer.detectAndSendChanges()

This will automatically send any change in the players inventory to the client, thus removing the item in the client.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.