Error loading items

Hekaryn

19 minutes ago, Drizzs said:

Dont post unless you want to help cause you're not helping you're just a dick!

What...

You are the one not not helping by telling OP to do stuff that are not relevant to his/her actual problem -.-

His problem is not relevant to his code or his json.

@Hekaryn I'm suspecting that your workspace is not set up properly, causing the resources folder to no the recognized. I would suggest to re-setup your workspace and try again.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What...

You are the one not not helping by telling OP to do stuff that are not relevant to his/her actual problem -.-

This is not relevant to his code or his json.

@Hekaryn I'm suspecting that your workspace is not set up properly, causing the resources folder to no the recognized. I would suggest to re-setup your workspace and try again.

I'm rebuild gradle and importing the project again right now, I'll let you know

I'm sorry maybe its just me but your resource folder is where your json files are stored. its not finding his json... someone already mentioned his resource folder and he even mentioned it and moved on so fast.. you need to control your emotions and learn how to talk to people. I did nothing but try to help someone make sure their code was all correct. I cant read errors that well but i know how to fix stuff and i figured the next LOGICAL step was to remake or resetup... his was to quit. I'm not going to convince someone to keep going.

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What...

This is not relevant to his code or his json.

but what should I use instead of ItemBase? Oh and the only videos I can find are from Harry talks and loremaster so I dont know

6 minutes ago, Hekaryn said:

but what should I use instead of ItemBase? Oh and the only videos I can find are from Harry talks and loremaster so I dont know

ItemBase is abusing inheritance by using it to run the same code multiple times.

This would work, however it would stop your Item from extending other classes.

You could either do what it does (i.e. setting registry name, adding to modItemList) in your Item's constructor or when you instantiate your item.

I would suggest text-based tutorials. Example being: https://github.com/Cadiboo/Example-Mod

6 minutes ago, Drizzs said:

I did nothing but try to help

Yes I get it. So was I. Sorry if I made you think I was trying to be a jerk.

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

6 minutes ago, Hekaryn said:

but what should I use instead of ItemBase?

Just use the Item class.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.