[1.14.4] Disabling BlockItems based on configuration

F43nd1r

In https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/5928#issuecomment-511094784 KinghtMiner mentions fillItemGroup as a valid approach for hiding items that are unobtainable.

However, it seems to me that fillItemGroup is called before configurations are loaded from file. Is there any way to hide an item from creative menu based on mod configuration?

2 hours ago, F43nd1r said:

However, it seems to me that fillItemGroup is called before configurations are loaded from file. Is there any way to hide an item from creative menu based on mod configuration?

What makes you think that? It is called whenever the player switches ItemGroup tabs in the inventory.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

28 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

What makes you think that? It is called whenever the player switches ItemGroup tabs in the inventory.

You're right, it works in theory. I didn't notice it was working, because the items still show up in the search. Is there any way to hide an item completely, making it not show up in search?

6 minutes ago, F43nd1r said:

Is there any way to hide an item completely, making it not show up in search? 

There might be a way currently, you'll have to call Minecraft.getInstance().populateSearchTreeManager()
And if that doesn't work I don't know of a way. Anyways you should report this as an issue on the MinecraftForge github.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

40 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

There might be a way currently, you'll have to call Minecraft.getInstance().populateSearchTreeManager()
And if that doesn't work I don't know of a way.

It does work, thanks!

40 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Anyways you should report this as an issue on the MinecraftForge github.

If a solution exists, should I really report it?

1 minute ago, F43nd1r said:

If a solution exists, should I really report it?

Yes because you shouldn't have to add that extra line of code. It should just be able to work. Aka the search should be populated after the configs are loaded.