Mob spawning in custom dimension (too many)

TheBasedRebel

Hello, i'm having a problem where in my custom dimension too many of my mob spawn, and they don't spawn properly.

this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Raptor.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Eotyrannus.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Triceratops.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Apatosaurus.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Obamadon.class, 1000, 1, 1));

This is in my biome gen class. This is the only biome in my dimension. When I use that code only the last two (Apatosaurus, and Obamadon) spawn. They spawn rarely and I only ever saw one Obamadon after flying around for at least 30min. During that time I only saw around 10 Apatosaurus; this was in flying straight one direction. I saw none of the other mobs.

The two that did spawn somewhat are type EntityTameable and in order to even get them to spawn at all I added this to both of their Entity classes.

@Override
    public boolean getCanSpawnHere()
    {
        return true;
    }

Now all the other ones are type EntityMob. They have this in their code.

@Override
protected boolean isValidLightLevel()
{
    return true; //don't care about the light level to spawn
}

Now back to my BiomeGen Class where I had the spawn code I have also tried using:

This

this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Raptor.class, 1, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Eotyrannus.class, 1, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Triceratops.class, 1, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Apatosaurus.class, 1, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Obamadon.class, 1, 1, 1));

And this

this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Raptor.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Eotyrannus.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableMonsterList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Triceratops.class, 1000, 1, 1));
	this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Apatosaurus.class, 1000, 1, 1));

In the first one I use

this.spawnableMonsterList.add

and have the variables set to the lowest possible. They spawn everywhere, which is okay but they spawn wayyy too much. They are all over the place considering I have the spawn so low. Also they spawn in huge groups which doesn't make sense since the min is 1 and max is 1 (Changing the min and max doesn't seem to change the group size at all). Also they only spawn in dark areas, under trees, under cliffs, ect. Going back to the code earlier which allows them to spawn during the day under any light level, I am confused as to why they won't spawn regularly in open grass.

As for the last two, they spawn anywhere and everywhere and literally cover the entire ground, presumably this is having to do with this code I mention earlier

@Override
    public boolean getCanSpawnHere()
    {
        return true;
    }

However I am not sure, but considering without it they won't spawn at all I think it is a safe assumption.

Now for the second configuration the same goes for the first three mobs (spawn too much, large groups, under trees and cliffs) but the last two that spawned everywhere before now spawn rarely but only around the first few chunks out of the portal.

I've been messing around with this for a few days now and can't get any of this to work how I want. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, and I'll give you credit it you can solve this issue for me :) Thanks for your time :)

P.S. If you are the person that solves this I will add your ingame name to a config file which will give you something only obtainable that way if you ever play the mod :)

this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Eotyrannus.class, 1000, 1, 1));

this.spawnableCreatureList.add(new SpawnListEntry(Triceratops.class, 1000, 1, 1));

[1000 is the spawn-rate]

[since you made the spawn rate 1000, I think that may be the problem. Maybe you should make it like 5?]

[1, 1 means minimum / maximum, it doesn't do anything about spawn rate]

[1000 is the spawn-rate]

[since you made the spawn rate 1000, I think that may be the problem. Maybe you should make it like 5?]

[1, 1 means minimum / maximum, it doesn't do anything about spawn rate]

Yes I know what they mean, what i'm saying is that changing it had no impact of spawn rate or the minimum/maximum. I put 1000 just as a test to see if it would change and just never put it back, lol. I'm just not sure what would be causing the problems I mentioned above. Thanks for the response :)