Turning the time a player holds down a mouse button into a variable.

Sypher

Okay, I'm currently working on the Metroid Prime mod and one of the key aspect to metroid is the Charge Beam. I would like to take to time a player holds down the fire button and turn this into a variable which I would use to calculate the size and power of the shot. MachineMuse did practically the same thing with the Modular Power Suits mod. I've looked at the source code for the power suits but I have yet to figure out exactly how it was down. Does anyone here have any input on the subject?

Also, if anyone knows any good tutorials for the following subjects updated to 1.5 that would be a great help:

- Multiblocks

- New Dimensions

- Dimension Portals

~Sypher

I am the current head modder for the Metroid Prime Suits mod. I have no other staff members, so I'm hiring! I also co-own the SkyTekkit server.

width=600 height=126http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Sypher40/MPSbanner_zps9d50d86a.png[/img]

Hey Sypher!

I've been working on a similar thing for a mod that I'm making and I think I may be able to help you.  If you wanted to, you could make a MouseListener that extends the mod mouse listener.  I have some basic code if you would like a look!  Send me a PM, I think I understand what you want, and I think I can help with your issue!

Thanks,

Mrkennedyfreak

Okay, I'm currently working on the Metroid Prime mod and one of the key aspect to metroid is the Charge Beam. I would like to take to time a player holds down the fire button and turn this into a variable which I would use to calculate the size and power of the shot. MachineMuse did practically the same thing with the Modular Power Suits mod. I've looked at the source code for the power suits but I have yet to figure out exactly how it was down. Does anyone here have any input on the subject?

Also, if anyone knows any could tutorials for the following subjects updated to 1.5 that would be a great help:

- Multiblocks

- New Dimensions

- Dimension Portals

~Sypher

Look at itembow and how it sets the amount of time to right click into a tick counter, and you could create a max amount of ticks that devided the number of ticks it has been held. This would create a constant counter that gradually increases as you hold it!

This is the creator of the Rareores mod! Be sure to check it out at

I've tried that. However, onPlayerStoppedUsing doesn't seem to want to work. It no longer shoots at all when I replace onItemRightClick.

I am the current head modder for the Metroid Prime Suits mod. I have no other staff members, so I'm hiring! I also co-own the SkyTekkit server.

width=600 height=126http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Sypher40/MPSbanner_zps9d50d86a.png[/img]