Help burning a player like a zombie.

Zyloxd

Hi! I was wanting to make the player burn like a zombie does. So if there is no block above them, they will start to burn. I have tried using skylight, but then you would still get burned inside a house if you are near a window, and/or a door.

I used to create a lot of in-depth plugins, but it was a long time ago and I have taken a long break from developing. Just starting to get back into it! Any help would be very appreciated. I am mainly just looking for a little tip. This is the first mod I am creating for the game.

I am using the latest snapshot of 1.14.4 of forge, and on Eclipse.

5 minutes ago, Zyloxd said:

Hi! I was wanting to make the player burn like a zombie does. So if there is no block above them, they will start to burn. I have tried using skylight, but then you would still get burned inside a house if you are near a window, and/or a door.

I used to create a lot of in-depth plugins, but it was a long time ago and I have taken a long break from developing. Just starting to get back into it! Any help would be very appreciated. I am mainly just looking for a little tip. This is the first mod I am creating for the game.

I am using the latest snapshot of 1.14.4 of forge, and on Eclipse.

You need to check if there is a block above the player.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

3 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

You need to check if there is a block above the player.

Okay, a better question to ask would be what event would I use? Would I use LivingUpdateEvent? Or something else?

I forgot that I already knew that I needed to check block above, but didn't know where to check for it.

4 minutes ago, Zyloxd said:

Okay, a better question to ask would be what event would I use? Would I use LivingUpdateEvent? Or something else?

Use PlayerUpdateEvent

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.