Overriding block drops depending on altitude.

Ernio

Hello,

Let's just focus on problem: I want my ores (about 10 different) to instead of generating IN the world, to be dropped by Smooth Stone.

I've done random (%) drop, for every block and put it in ,,MySmoothStone" block. Sadly this is still ,,MySmoothStone" not the oryginal one, so the only way to make ores just drop from random Smooth Stone is to replace 100% or Minecraft Smooth Stone with my own ,,MySmoothStone by OreGen process.

There are the questions:

Where can I find / how can I code this: Instead of Smooth Stone from Smooth Stone block, there is % chance that it will drop Block X.

Next:

How can I code this % drop, that before giving loot it will check destroyed block altitude and run proper chances.

ex.:

0-16: 1% for XBlock, 0,5% for ZBlock, 0,1% for YBlock.

17-32: 0,5% for XBlock, 0,3% for ZBlock.

32-64: 2% for IronOre + other drops (I think you get the idea)

Next:

I've seen some Bukkit plugins that before giving drop, they check if the block was generated by Server (not placed). How can I make Smooth Stone launch % drop chance only when it is Server-made (where can I find it / how to code it).

Next:

% drop depending on what BIOME are you in - but I think I can handle it on my own.

Thanks for helping me,

Ernio :D

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Use either metadata (so that a block's metadata corresponds to it's Y coord) or TileEntity data (so you can have more than 16 possibilities).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

you can make a block that looks like stone, but isn't stone, so if it drops cobblestone, it isn't counted as your stone.

If A

B

Ergo !A

Huh?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Again: (please read careful)

,,I've done random (%) drop, for every block and put it in ,,MySmoothStone" block. Sadly this is still ,,MySmoothStone" not the oryginal one, so the only way to make ores just drop from random Smooth Stone is to replace 100% or Minecraft Smooth Stone with my own ,,MySmoothStone by OreGen process."

Actually this gives me everything I want - I got (MY)Smooth Stone that replaces (Normal) Smooth Stone, also it has % chance, and is not re-makeable (you can only make normal Smooth Stone from Cobble, that hasn't got % drop).

But isn't it RAM/CPU consuming for example when you use //regen command from WorldEdit (I am using MCPC+)?

I am not sure but isn't it like this: Gen (Normal)Stone -> Replace it with (MY)Stone?

Well... through I may drop the idea of remaking this Stone Generation, I can't just walk away from the ,,drops depending on altitude" - this is VERY important.

Maybe you can help me with this at least? (read 1st post if you haven't alredy)

Thanks for help,

Ernio

Yeah... actually that was the first solution that came to my head so...

But then I though that I've got like new 11 different ore drops (+standard ores from minecarft, so total is 18) and it would be stupid if i'd close every drop in just one MyStoneBlock minable by every pickaxe you want - even wooden one, so since I am investing much in realistic effects I decided to make the Y checker which will define if the block is placed deep or shallowly in ground.

Thanks to this feature I've got ONE block that hardness and random drop is set by altitude. Then I got other idea - why would every drop appear everywhere? Then I made ifOcean and ifMountains checkers. ifMountain for ex. is made just by using this mc.theWorld.getHeightValue - this is also used in DebugScreen :D

Yeah... actually that was the first solution that came to my head so...

But then I though that I've got like new 11 different ore drops (+standard ores from minecarft, so total is 18) and it would be stupid if i'd close every drop in just one MyStoneBlock minable by every pickaxe you want - even wooden one, so since I am investing much in realistic effects I decided to make the Y checker which will define if the block is placed deep or shallowly in ground.

Thanks to this feature I've got ONE block that hardness and random drop is set by altitude. Then I got other idea - why would every drop appear everywhere? Then I made ifOcean and ifMountains checkers. ifMountain for ex. is made just by using this mc.theWorld.getHeightValue - this is also used in DebugScreen :D