[1.5.1][WIP] MechroMagik

Lomeli12

width=566 height=98https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17430088/Minecraft%20Mods/Magiks/bannerbig.png[/img]

Description

In a world of magic vs machine, you have learned to completely intertwine magic and science in a new form: MechroMagik. Using this new form of magik, you will use the cold sheer power of science to amplify your magik and build yourself up as a Miner of magic and science.

0.0.7update.png

Alpha 0.0.8 and 0.0.9 are gonna take quite some time to come out, since I want to add a ton of content (specifically on the science half, since I've been kinda neglecting it) to those and make the Beta 0.1.0 update to just be bug fixes and optimization. I hope 0.0.7 will hold your excitement, but there isn't too much so I won't be surprised if some of you get bored quickly.

Note: If you want to make a mod review, please hold on a bit till Beta 0.1.0. What you can do is make a brief video touching upon it just to get the news out, but don't do a full on review just yet.

For the sake of fun, I will only tell you in what each item/block does. You'll have to find out the recipes on your own (*cough* TMI/NEI *cough*). After each update, I will reveal the recipes added/changed from the previous.

Current Build: Alpha 0.0.7

What's done right now:

• Worked a bit more on the API for an upcoming feature in the mod
  • Added the Piras Oven multiblock structure. It doubles the output of whatever you're smelting with a small chance of tripling your output. The chance of this can be increased via special upgrades
  • Wands now have a use in creating the Piras Oven and Piras Varinha
  • Added new blocks to build with, and in my opinion they look nice.

Previous Builds

Alpha 0.0.7

Worked a bit on the API to give fellow modders more options when making addons for the mod.

Added some wands, though they have not use ATM

wands.PNG

Changed the RPGer's Sword to Sir Spencer's Blade, finally made it work after tons of procrastination, but had yet to make a recipe

spencers.png

Mancery Glass and Stone have higher blast resistance. They can even withstand Nuke explosions from IC2.

Piras Varinha has been changed in two ways. One, different recipe

piras.PNG

Two, there is now an option in the config to disable it's fireball ability, due to potential greifing problems.

Alpha 0.0.5

Solar Mist Collector

solarmistcollect.PNG

Will collect Mist in the day time. Will not function at night or during rain storms.

Dark Matter

darkmatter.PNG

Deprived GlowStone

lightdeprivedglow.PNG

Light Hungry Plates

lighthungry.PNG

And the API was released.

Alpha 0.0.4

Solar Mist Collector(no recipe)

solar.png

[*]Solar Mist Collector and Kinetic Generator had GUIs

Alpha 0.0.3

Just bug fixes, nothing special

Alpha 0.0.2

Piras Varinha

Allows you to fire ghast fireballs

pirasvarinha.PNG

Alpha 0.0.1

Mancery Block and Mancery Glass

Manceryblock.PNGManceryglass.PNG

They are used in one of the upcoming multiblock structures.

Place Mancery Glass on Mancery Block, then right click the block

before.png

After

after.png

Iron Sticks

ironsticks.PNG

Iron Rings

ironring.PNG

Enchanted Diamond

enchanteddiamond.PNG

Flying Ring (Name pending)

Uses GlowStone, Char/Coal, and Redstone to refuel it, with glowstone giving the most Mist back and redstone giving the least

flyingring.PNG

Download the Alpha Builds:

Downloads now on the wiki!

http://mechromagik.wikispaces.com/

Requires Forge 7.7.1.654 or higher: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

Get your hands on the source:

As with all my mods, this mod is licensed under the GNU General Lesser Public License 3. Basically, do whatever you want with the mod and it's source, just remember to link back to this page.

Alpha 0.0.5 released as well as a still in development API

• Mancery Block now renamed Mancery Stone and the flying ring is now ShadowWing's Gale
  • Kinetic Generator is now pretty much 90% done. Just need to fix up the GUI a bit and finish a certain feature.
  • Solar Mist Collectors are also pretty much done, just need to fix up the GUI
  • All magic items can be recharged with the Kinetic Generator and Solar Mist Collectors
  • Added recipe for Solar Mist Collectors
  • You now need to use a new item, Dark Matter, to activate the multiblock and get the Kinetic Generator
  • Kinetic Generator now only leaves behind a single Mancery Stone when broken
  • Added Dark Matter, Deprived Glowstone, and Light Hungry Plate
  • Added a API to get some community assistance (it's under greater development)

It definetely sounds liek a cool idea, but where do i learn about the mod?

PS- i would love to have a Mech with magic powers :P

Communication is a vital tool, in the game industry you won't go anywhere without it. People are either going to learn to talk, or move on.

I'll put up a wiki soon on how to use the mod, but I'm hesitant as it is still early in development, and thus the concepts could change at any time (such as right now, I have an idea to two types of Mist, Positie and Escuro)

Edit: Created a wiki, though it's incomplete.

I'll put up a wiki soon on how to use the mod, but I'm hesitant as it is still early in development, and thus the concepts could change at any time (such as right now, I have an idea to two types of Mist, Positie and Escuro)

Edit: Created a wiki, though it's incomplete.

Thats fine if it changes, the concept right now is pretty simple.

Although i was kindof hoping to have help with the tools and ores ^.^;;

unless i just cant find it on the wiki. I don't see it in info

Communication is a vital tool, in the game industry you won't go anywhere without it. People are either going to learn to talk, or move on.

Thats fine if it changes, the concept right now is pretty simple.

Although i was kindof hoping to have help with the tools and ores ^.^;;

unless i just cant find it on the wiki. I don't see it in info

Again, incomplete, I'm trying not to added too much to the wiki while I work on the mod. What I'll do is add a little bit each time or whenever I made considerable progress to the mod.

Alpha 0.0.6 released

• Worked a bit on the API, now you can use items and blocks from the mod in your own recipes
  • Added some wands, though there aren't many uses for them yet.
  • "RPG's Sword" has a texture, is renamed Sir Spencer's Blade, and is now functional, though I haven't added a recipe yet.
  • Mancery Stone and Glass have an even higher blast resistance
  • Piras Varinha has been changed

Alpha 0.0.8 and 0.0.9 are gonna take quite some time to come out, since I want to add a ton of content (specifically on the science half, since I've been kinda neglecting it) to those and make the Beta 0.1.0 update to just be bug fixes and optimization. I hope 0.0.7 will hold your excitement, but there isn't too much so I won't be surprised if some of you get bored quickly.

Note: If you want to make a mod review, please hold on a bit till Beta 0.1.0. What you can do is make a brief video touching upon it just to get the news out, but don't do a full on review just yet.

Alpha 0.0.7 released

• Added the Piras Oven multiblock structure. It doubles the output of whatever you're smelting with a small chance of tripling your output. The chance of this can be increased via special upgrades

Alpha 0.0.7 released