How to make an item open a GUI

Cyani

I see exactly what you are saying, I've only been coding for a mere 4-6 months now and making organized code really isn't a strongpoint. As of now I should put my points of focus on getting better understanding of how java works (It is still somewhat basic) but I see how what you said is important.

This is the creator of the Rareores mod! Be sure to check it out at

you have been told a few times already you need a guihandler and a custom container you then link all that stuff together and shazam portable crafting bench, people on here dont do it for you :/ unfortunately if your lucky someone will take the time to try and help you understand and if your really really luck someone might show you some examples or even existing/used code but they will NOT do it for you, now if you cant dont.

Use examples, i have aspergers.

Examples make sense to me.

you have been told a few times already you need a guihandler and a custom container you then link all that stuff together and shazam portable crafting bench, people on here dont do it for you :/ unfortunately if your lucky someone will take the time to try and help you understand and if your really really luck someone might show you some examples or even existing/used code but they will NOT do it for you, now if you cant dont.

Use examples, i have aspergers.

Examples make sense to me.

You won't get around making

a) a Custom Container

b) a GuiHandler

(...)

Told the solution to the problem.

Are there any tutorials on this?

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Containers_and_GUIs

Tutorial on GUI's and stuff.

Should get ya going. Once you can open your own GUI from an item using player.openGui method (If it's still named so?) then you should be ready to do what you are attempting to do ^^

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

a) a Custom Container

b) a GuiHandler

(...)

Should get ya going. Once you can open your own GUI from an item using player.openGui method (If it's still named so?) then you should be ready to do what you are attempting to do ^^

a) a Custom Container

b) a GuiHandler

(...)

Finally, some actual help. You, sir, are a fricking GENIUS

a) a Custom Container

b) a GuiHandler

(...)

Finally, some actual help. You, sir, are a fricking GENIUS

*sighs* You could have found that by looking for it on google, searching for a tutorial and so on..

even just starting the whole post with asking for a simple GUI tutorial and anyone here would have given you the link...

For the question you asked at the OP, the guys above answered your questions. In any case, this means the OP's questions has been solved, time to lock up the thread and move on :)

*sighs* You could have found that by looking for it on google, searching for a tutorial and so on..

even just starting the whole post with asking for a simple GUI tutorial and anyone here would have given you the link...

For the question you asked at the OP, the guys above answered your questions. In any case, this means the OP's questions has been solved, time to lock up the thread and move on :)