[Question] Getting Started to Modding

hello, i'm basically a java programmer, and just started to learn about Minecraft FML API.

i have read forge documentation and understands it a bit.

i have opened some beginner's guide to minecraft modding, and i have some basic understanding about it.

and now, i want to open some vanilla/default minecraft blocks source code, which i can read and learn from, then modify it for testing. but i couldn't find any.

i tried searching for an alternative, downloading some existing mods and learn from it, but almost all of them already using advanced system which i couldn't understand.

my question is: is there any mod or source (of blocks, items, etc.) which i can learn from?
so i can first manipulate the code and create duplicate of existing block and learn every code and behavior by practice.

(the reason why i asked this question: i want to create some TileEntity (likely) that responds redstone signal and process something inside it, and then i realized, vanilla blocks and items have the basic functionality i needed and i only have to combine and modify them. it just my first step before creating custom block behavior of my own, but i stuck here.)

Note that you can't modify vanilla code. You can look, but not touch.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.