Mincraft texture problems

Eyowin

Okay, so I have two problems. The first problem is that i can't figure out where I need to put my textures to get them to work. I know that they need to be in mods/usefull_cobble/textures/blocks or /items but I can't figure out where to put the /mods folder.

For my second problem I would direct you to the attached fml log file. If you scroll to the bottom of the file, there is an error there that is preventing my Minecraft from starting. I have never seen this error before, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is saying is the problem. If it is related to the first problem, then please refer back to the aforementioned problem.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The attachment is not working, so here is a link to the file. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45954436/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

diesieben07: thanks you for your attempt to help me, but the location you gave me for the textures did not work. If you have any other suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

elantzb: Thanks, I wasn't aware that I even need to have the unlocalized names on my items. I am going to put them in and see if it solves the problem.

EDIT: elantzb I went through and added int eh unlocalized names for all of the blocks and items, and it solved the crashing problem. I have still not been able to find the correct location for the texture files though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I looked at the newly generated error report after adding in the unlocalized names and I was able to discover something. The location for the texture files given to be me diesieben07 was correct, but in the code I had added the file extension to the names so it was looking for item.png.png instead of just item.png. I removed the extra code and it works great. Thanks to you both for all your help.

EDIT: I looked at the newly generated error report after adding in the unlocalized names and I was able to discover something. The location for the texture files given to be me diesieben07 was correct, but in the code I had added the file extension to the names so it was looking for item.png.png instead of just item.png. I removed the extra code and it works great. Thanks to you both for all your help.

::) my bad, should have camel-cased the "SansExtension:"

Also, your unlocalized names for your blocks or items need to be "yourmodname:texturefilesansextension"

Yes, my ideas can be naive. But I'm hoping that speaking my mind will inspire those who know what they are doing!