how to play a sound when right clicking in 1.12

madmagic

i have a sound called sound.ogg, i set everything up and the sound can be played ingame with /playsound. but i want to make it so when i rightclick annywhere with the item in my hand, it will play the sound, currently in the itemSoundPLayer class i have:

public ItemSoundPlayer(String name) {
		super(name);
	}

@Override
	public ActionResult<ItemStack> onItemRightClick(World worldIn, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand handIn) {

ItemStack item = playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn);
		playsound("sound", 1.0f, 1.0f);
		return new ActionResult<ItemStack>(EnumActionResult.SUCCESS, item);
	}

but i get the error: The method playsound(String, float, float) is undefined for the type ItemSoundPlayer. i tried 1.0 and 1 instead of 1.0F but i still get an error, on https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/effects/sounds/ itsaid to use what i used but it doesnt work, i probably have misundersstood it. as for the rightclick, i cant rightclick the item ingame, i even tried replacing the playsound with a code that makes the player say a message in chat, but that doesnt work

Edited by madmagic

All of the sound-playing methods in the documentation are methods of the class mentioned in the header. e.g. The first three are methods of World, which means you need to call them on an instance of World.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

i want the sound to be played at the player, how would i do so? all examples i found online with Word.playsound(), need some pos in it, but it always says pos cannot be defined to a variable

Edited by madmagic