Scaling blocks

Meeple

Hi, I've been tinkering with the 1.14.2 dev space fairly successfully. finding how to inject classes and methods so i have a fair amount of understanding.

I'm current trying to scale blocks down by a factor of 2 (or 3, I'm not entirely sure yet), so instead of a block being 16x16x16 (not actual numbers but for argument sake) it could be 8x8x8 (or less).

One of the theoretical problems is that reducing block size per-block would just result in ill-fitting/not properly tessellating blocks. (i briefly tested this with a a models elements in json). 

I've managed to scale entire chunks, however this just moved chunks down rather than actually reducing the scale of the blocks (see attached pic).

I have also managed to increase all entity sizes by that factor so that the game actually calculates all things properly/in proportion to the block scaling. 

I'm kind of at a loss on how to achieve my goal, the entities were a lot easier than how the blocks are turning out. Any pointers/tips would be greatly appreciated, 

Meeple

Current GitHub: https://github.com/MistressMeeple/MEMO

minecraft_chunk_scale.png

Edited by Meeple
clarification